“Good enough”

Ranked #4 of 22 Restaurants in Deer Lake
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed at the Driftwood, and this restaurant is attached to it--except not for breakfast. For the latter you have to walk (or drive) to the fast food strip. Jungle Jim's in one of those generic island places, with mostly rum drinks, and spanish-themed food. The decorations are palm trees and monkeys etc...There's regular food too, like hamburgers, fried fish and french fries. It's good, but not exactly fine dining. Service if fine. Felt like the only place to go in town.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

My rating would be 3.5 if I could figure out how to give 1/2 stars -- that said, this place was much better than we expected and had a fairly extensive menu. It seems like THE place to eat out in Deer Lake and was often busy (we ate here two nights in a row). Family-friendly restaurant, lots of kids here, and a fairly depressing pub in the basement that offers the same menu. I have no recollection of what I ate, so it must have been just fine, but didn't leave a lasting impression.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I had lunch here, ordered combination fajitas, excellent, almost as good as found in Texas! Service was also excellent! Others seemed to be enjoying.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

This was the first time that we have eaten in a Jungle Jim's. I was very happy there. When you travel for a few weeks and don't like fish and beef and don't want to spend $50.00 to $60.00 every night, It can be hard to find a place to eat. Jungle Jim's was a find for us. I had a delicious chicken wrap and a salad. I replaced the fries with a salad and had to pay $1.49 extra but it was worth it. It was a good size salad which included mushrooms, tomatoes and cheese. Everything in the salad was nice and fresh. I enjoyed every bite of my food, which I cannot often say when I eat in a restaurant.

My steak-eating husband was also happy. Thursday's special was steak. He had an 8 oz steak for $9.99 with a loaded baked potato (99 cents extra because it was supposed to have come with French fries) and corn with lots of red peppers. He loves corn BUT not red peppers so he wasn't pleased with his vegetable.

I am giving it four stars for what it is -- a casual restaurant with good food at a decent price. The music was too loud. Certainly it you want cloth tablecloths and napkins and gourmet cooking, this is not the place for you.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

The quality of the food was OK, but typical fried food is pretty much what you're going to get. Isn't salmon accessible in this area? Maybe some people would be willing to pay for it. There is only so much fish and chips you can eat. Have to say the service was good.