“New, clean and friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Express Deer Lake
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Deer Lake
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Always a great place to stay; rooms very well appointed; free-wifi, clean and very comfortable. Great pool with water slide. Excellent breakfast included. Ideal location to visit Gros Morne Park, good access to trails; both summer and winter sports.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed July 10, 2014

The hotel is new (opened in 2012), so how anyone can say it is dated is beyond me. It is exactly like every other Holiday Inn Express. The front desk staff are courteous as are the people in the breakfast room. Rooms were clean, but a little tight in a two-bedded room. The guest laundry is a plus (although it is just one washer and dryer).We had no problem with noise - yes, you could hear the people above us walking around, but you will generally hear the floor boards above in every multi-level facility. It is expensive, but there are few choices in Deer Lake.

Room Tip: You will hear the people above you, so I'd recommend the top floor (there is an elevator).
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Disappointed that the pool wasn't open, but beds were awesome and breakfast was awesome. Great place to stay and very friendly and patient staff!

Tripadvisor says that the review must be 200 characters so.... there we go!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Roseann W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Deer Lake, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Thank-you Technokidz for your great review of our Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Deer lake, I understand your disappointment the pool was down but I'm very pleased to finally announce it has finally re-opened so if you are back this way even if you don't plan on staying please drop in just to enjoy the pool. Apart from that it seems you did get to enjoy some of the other great features of our hotel including the great comfy beds, the free hot breakfast and of course our stellar staff...we love them as much as our guests they are awesome!!!

Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stayed one night after visiting Gros Morne park. The hotel is nice and clean, the service was very friendly, the breakfast pretty good. The pool was closed for renovations, but they gave us free passes to the community pool nearby. Overall very nice stay

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Roseann W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Deer Lake, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Thank you Anna290 for your positive review of our Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Deer Lake...We just celebrated our second anniversary and we constantly get great reviews of our new modern spacious rooms with all the great amenities like free hot breakfast, free wi fi, business center and fitness center. Our pool hot tub and water slide should be open any day and will be better than before. We hope to see you again soon when traveling this way.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I booked this hotel because of the positive reviews. Our room was adequate but was dated, no evidence of recent renovation. Rooms are small. Continental breakfast was good. We payed less for more while holidaying in the Maritimes.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Roseann W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Deer Lake, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Hello Nancy G
Thank you for taking the time to write a review although I have to question if you reviewed the correct property when you say dated as we are a brand new property and just celebrated our 2nd anniversary. As you can see from previous comments guests rave about our large spacious and modern rooms with our complimentary hot breakfast. Being a new hotel in this market with great amenities including Free Wi Fi, Pool, hot tub, water slide, fitness center, our free hot breakfast and our great IHG Rewards program our guests think we are a great spend.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stayed at this hotel a couple of nights ago due to travel with work. The hotel is conveniently located close to Deer Lake's airport as well as other amenities. The staff are always inviting and accommodating. My reservation and check in were smooth. My room was well appointed, modern, clean and very comfortable. I had a great rest and great nights sleep. The breakfast was satisfying. I also attended a meeting at the hotel. The room was well furnished and it surpassed all our needs. The staff were very helpful and accommodating. I will return. This is a very nice hotel, in a very nice location, staffed by very nice people.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you ADBOCNL for your positive review of the Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Deer Lake I think you've touched on all the great reasons guests enjoy staying with us...rooms well appointed, clean, modern and comfortable the free hot breakfast, free wi fi, pool, hot tub and water slide, fitness center and of course our friendly helpful staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I stayed here on my way to Winnipeg and when I returned home. I was very impressed with the girls at the desk and the prompt way they handled my requests while I was there. I had to move rooms the first night, as the guests on my floor were very noisy, The gal at the desk di not skip a beat, as she helped me move so I could rest. The rooms are very clean. My car was very safe and well taken care of while I was away for the 10 days. All the staff were engaging and helpful, and friendly. Very nice breakfast, as well, when I awoke the morning of my return trip from Winnipeg.

Room Tip: Just check to make sure you have a quiet room if you are getting up early, to go to the airport for...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Thank you Linda B for your positive review of our Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Deer Lake...comfort and security are always top of mind with our staff and it seems they did a great job!!! Hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Deer Lake
Spud Suites
Spud Suites
#1 of 2 in Deer Lake
Old Rocky Brook Road Bed & Breakfast

Been to Holiday Inn Express Deer Lake? Share your experiences!