“Happy”

Holiday Inn Express Deer Lake
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Deer Lake
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I stayed here on my way to Winnipeg and when I returned home. I was very impressed with the girls at the desk and the prompt way they handled my requests while I was there. I had to move rooms the first night, as the guests on my floor were very noisy, The gal at the desk di not skip a beat, as she helped me move so I could rest. The rooms are very clean. My car was very safe and well taken care of while I was away for the 10 days. All the staff were engaging and helpful, and friendly. Very nice breakfast, as well, when I awoke the morning of my return trip from Winnipeg.

Room Tip: Just check to make sure you have a quiet room if you are getting up early, to go to the airport for...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Roseann W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Deer Lake, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Thank you Linda B for your positive review of our Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Deer Lake...comfort and security are always top of mind with our staff and it seems they did a great job!!! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

This hotel is very easy to find, very close to the Trans-Canada highway and to the Deer Lake airport. Check-in was simple; there were no issues with our web reservation and our room was ready as soon as we arrived. There is ample free parking. The hotel was recently built and it shows since everything is modern and in good condition.

Our room was large and very clean, with a good size bathroom. The beds were extremely comfortable and there were no noise issues. Two things bothered us: there was no fan in the bathroom and there was no soap dish so we had to leave the wet bar soap on the bathroom counter. Nothing major, though. The complimentary breakfast was ample and delicious, with both hot and cold selections. We did not use the fitness centre and the indoor pool was closed for maintenance but seemed quite large.

Check-out was a breeze, with our invoice slipped under the door overnight. Overall, I would say this hotel is an excellent choice in the Deer Lake area or as a starting point for a journey up the Viking trail.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Roseann W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Deer Lake, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Thank you for your positive review of our Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Deer Lake, conveniently located just off the highway. Guests always rave about our clean spacious rooms and extra amenities especially the free hot breakfast and pool hot tub and water slide reopening soon. Our bathrooms are actually are equipped with a central air system which is extremely quiet..so much better than those annoying noisy fans. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

rooms are big and comfortable, staff is friendly and helpful. They called us 10 days before our reservation to tell us the pool would not be open when we were there and to see if we wanted to change hotels. Nice touch

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you Linda B for you positive review of our Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Deer Lake...our guests comfort and security are always top of mind with our staff and from your positive review I think our staff did an exceptional job. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

A hotel of this qquality is not what you expect in a small town like deer Lake. It provided the perfect first night in our west coast tour of the island. Even with a 1:30 AM arrival we were greeted with a warm welcome, our room was ready and we were asked if we wanted late check out!
They offer a good hot breakfast, have a nice work out facilty and pool. Close to the Deer Lake airport and all the routes to Gros Morne.
Not many restaurants in the area so be prepared, unless fast food is your thing.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you acedaddy for your positive review of our Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Deer Lake...and so glad we were able to start your west coast trip off on a good note. With all our great amenities including the pool, fitness center, free hot breakfast and Wi fi and close to the Airport it is indeed the perfect place to stay to when visiting Gros Morne National Park.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

My family and I stopped here for just one night and we had a fantastic time. The front desk staff were very friendly, the kids loved to pool, and the breakfast in the morning was wonderful. Beds were very comfortable. We stopped here on the drive to the ferry and would do so again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Roseann W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Deer Lake, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Thank you Lynn R for your positive review of our Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Deer Lake. Many of our guests like you rave about the comfortable beds, friendly staff free hot breakfast and yes the pool, hot tub and water slide are such a treat when traveling with kids. We hope to see you and your family again soon.

Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is fairly new and nicely decorated. They have a hot breakfast on site so that's a plus. The room was supposed to be suitable for 4 people but there was only 1 chair in the room. Overall we had a comfortable stay but given the location, it's definitely overpriced.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Deer Lake, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear kentdacanuck,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We are delighted about your positive comments with the condition of our facilities and the breakfast you had. It is always our goal to provide the best possible service and create memorable experiences and on this occasion we apologize we did not exceed your expectations. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

We value your comments and hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back again very soon.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We did not enjoy our stay at this hotel. So much so in fact that I felt I had to write this review.
Our room was not available to check into until almost 4 hours after the check in time. The front desk staff was unhelpful and totally unaccommodating and lacking compassion for a family traveling with 3 small children.
The hot tub was closed and the pool was ok. The change rooms next to the pool were deplorable - and since our room was not ready, we were advised to change there and "take advantage" of the "pool facilities".
We got a whole lot of excuses and a 10% discount when we complained which we felt wholly inadequate.
I did get a follow up call after I filled out the survey they sent to me. She again told me about how we came at a very busy time, perhaps too many people had late check outs etc. She provided me with points enough for an overnight stay. It will definitely not be at that holiday inn location.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Nadine M
Roseann W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Deer Lake, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Hi Nadine M
Thank you for your comments regarding your resent stay. As you can see from our many positive guest reviews your stay was an exception and not the norm. We value all of our guest comments and have taken steps to ensure all our guests stays are more than memorable. Please consider us again when traveling through Deer Lake.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Deer Lake
Spud Suites
Spud Suites
#1 of 2 in Deer Lake
Old Rocky Brook Road Bed & Breakfast

Been to Holiday Inn Express Deer Lake? Share your experiences!