All reviews bunk beds hot tub hi express nice pool gros morne national park great hotel free breakfast cold breakfast swimming pool cinnamon buns close to the airport rocky harbour western newfoundland an early flight transcanada highway top floor the breakfast area
Reviewed May 24, 2014

My family and I stopped here for just one night and we had a fantastic time. The front desk staff were very friendly, the kids loved to pool, and the breakfast in the morning was wonderful. Beds were very comfortable. We stopped here on the drive to the ferry and would do so again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Roseann W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Deer Lake, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Thank you Lynn R for your positive review of our Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Deer Lake. Many of our guests like you rave about the comfortable beds, friendly staff free hot breakfast and yes the pool, hot tub and water slide are such a treat when traveling with kids. We hope to see you and your family again soon.

Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is fairly new and nicely decorated. They have a hot breakfast on site so that's a plus. The room was supposed to be suitable for 4 people but there was only 1 chair in the room. Overall we had a comfortable stay but given the location, it's definitely overpriced.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Deer Lake, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear kentdacanuck,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We are delighted about your positive comments with the condition of our facilities and the breakfast you had. It is always our goal to provide the best possible service and create memorable experiences and on this occasion we apologize we did not exceed your expectations. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

We value your comments and hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back again very soon.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We did not enjoy our stay at this hotel. So much so in fact that I felt I had to write this review.
Our room was not available to check into until almost 4 hours after the check in time. The front desk staff was unhelpful and totally unaccommodating and lacking compassion for a family traveling with 3 small children.
The hot tub was closed and the pool was ok. The change rooms next to the pool were deplorable - and since our room was not ready, we were advised to change there and "take advantage" of the "pool facilities".
We got a whole lot of excuses and a 10% discount when we complained which we felt wholly inadequate.
I did get a follow up call after I filled out the survey they sent to me. She again told me about how we came at a very busy time, perhaps too many people had late check outs etc. She provided me with points enough for an overnight stay. It will definitely not be at that holiday inn location.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Nadine M
Roseann W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Deer Lake, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Hi Nadine M
Thank you for your comments regarding your resent stay. As you can see from our many positive guest reviews your stay was an exception and not the norm. We value all of our guest comments and have taken steps to ensure all our guests stays are more than memorable. Please consider us again when traveling through Deer Lake.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I've never posted a review of anywhere that I've stayed before, as typically I can manage just about anything and am not really one to complain....however, I stayed at the Holiday Inn Deer Lake for 2 nights last weekend and must say that it was absolutely one of the worst hotel stays I've ever experienced. I booked this hotel because it was new, and a recognizable chain, but it was big mistake.

First of all, the walls are paper thin, and on both nights that I was there were people screaming and running through the halls up until about 430am. I called the front desk on numerous occasions, who had said that there had been a number of complaints, however they were totally unable to get it under control and as result I was literally awake for 2 full nights. You can also hear conversations in the room above and below you verbatim.

Rooms a reasonably clean, however showers leak all over the bathroom floors. I don't know whats going on with the water purification, but the taps all ran yellow water. The bathtub, sink, toilet, and shower all had yellow water....and a number of guests were complaining.

There is no on site restaurant, and the closest one is a 5 minute drive away.

The swimming pool and the hot tub are a swamp. So dirty. The hot tub had hair floating around in it, and water was white and murky. The pool, was algae filled and also equally as murky.

I don't know if there a whole lot of options in Deer Lake...and the rest of the reviews here seem reasonable good (which was a factor in our booking decision), however my experience was terrible.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank japples23
Roseann W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Deer Lake, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Hello Japples23
Thank you for your review. We value all guest feedback and assure you every reasonable effort has been made to ensure your next stay will be more than satisfactory. Our positive reviews are a testament to the level of service we strive to provide.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I read some reviews before booking for my trip. All the negative things I read we're(in my opinion) small things...

The place is easy to find from the highway with there being proper signage located at the few turns you would need to make.

There are nearby restaurants and the price is dead on.

The hotel itself was wonderful. The staff were friendly and the hotel itself was clean. My room was properly stocked and the bed was very comfortable. The hot tub ,pool and waterside were also a bonus. My biggest surprise was the complimentary breakfast, I expected a coffee pot and some stale muffins on a small table. This free breakfast spread had everything, coffee, juice, fruit, bagels,muffins, bacon, cereal,pancakes...a bit of everything.

If you need a place to stay in deer lake stop by the holiday inn express.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple