All reviewsbunk bedshot tubhi expressnice poolgros morne national parkgreat hotelfree breakfastcold breakfastswimming poolcinnamon bunsclose to the airportrocky harbourwestern newfoundlandan early flighttranscanada highwaytop floorthe breakfast area
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I read some reviews before booking for my trip. All the negative things I read we're(in my opinion) small things...

The place is easy to find from the highway with there being proper signage located at the few turns you would need to make.

There are nearby restaurants and the price is dead on.

The hotel itself was wonderful. The staff were friendly and the hotel itself was clean. My room was properly stocked and the bed was very comfortable. The hot tub ,pool and waterside were also a bonus. My biggest surprise was the complimentary breakfast, I expected a coffee pot and some stale muffins on a small table. This free breakfast spread had everything, coffee, juice, fruit, bagels,muffins, bacon, cereal,pancakes...a bit of everything.

If you need a place to stay in deer lake stop by the holiday inn express.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Evan P
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Our last stay was amazing!!! Traveling with three kids isn't always easy and the staff were amazing at making our stay the best ever. They went above and beyond to make us comfortable and we had a great night. I will always be grateful for their help and their smiles! The swimming pool is warm, clean and inviting as is the hot tub!! Our room was perfect for a larger family!! We weren't sure why the curtains wouldn't close though? and forgot to ask the next morning. The buffet breakfast included was great as always. A tip for anyone who doesn't want to leave the hotel to eat.... We had awesome pizza and they delivered! Just check the Yellow pages and most restaurants will let you know if they will deliver to the hotel. All in all, it's a great hotel!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kimberly A
Reviewed March 3, 2014

4.5 really, but i didn't have that option:)
I stayed at the Holiday inn for a couple of nights before I left Newfoundland and it was a great stay. The pool was the most pleasant as my older sister and I spent most of our time in there. The staff was very helpful and made sure we got everything we needed which was greatly appreciated. The only small problem we had is that because our room was right next to the staircase, we could here everyone walking up and down it. There was a team of some sort and they were happy to walk up and down the stairs more then once. I guess it is the chance you take at every hotel but overall it was a great stay!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms next to staircase
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jessica P
Reviewed March 2, 2014

THE place to stay in Deer Lake! With a helpful staff and great breakfast buffet to start your day, I don't hesitate selecting HIE in Deer Lake when doing business on the west coast of Newfoundland! Pool, hot tub and gym top off the amenities!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark L
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Had the privilege to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Deer Lake recently, and I have to say that I was very impressed.

From the ultra modern yet cozy lobby, to the large rooms with amazing beds, fridges, and microwaves and shower heads; its the best place I've stayed outside of St. John's.

My only complaint would be that there is no bar or restaurant in the building, but that only encourages people to leave the hotel and contribute to the local economy.

If you're in Western NL, this is the place to stay. Bring your bathing suite though. The waterside is just too much fun!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business