All reviewsbunk bedshot tubhi expressnice poolgros morne national parkgreat hotelfree breakfastcold breakfastswimming poolcinnamon bunsclose to the airportrocky harbourwestern newfoundlandan early flighttranscanada highwaytop floorthe breakfast area
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Our last stay was amazing!!! Traveling with three kids isn't always easy and the staff were amazing at making our stay the best ever. They went above and beyond to make us comfortable and we had a great night. I will always be grateful for their help and their smiles! The swimming pool is warm, clean and inviting as is the hot tub!! Our room was perfect for a larger family!! We weren't sure why the curtains wouldn't close though? and forgot to ask the next morning. The buffet breakfast included was great as always. A tip for anyone who doesn't want to leave the hotel to eat.... We had awesome pizza and they delivered! Just check the Yellow pages and most restaurants will let you know if they will deliver to the hotel. All in all, it's a great hotel!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kimberly A
Reviewed March 3, 2014

4.5 really, but i didn't have that option:)
I stayed at the Holiday inn for a couple of nights before I left Newfoundland and it was a great stay. The pool was the most pleasant as my older sister and I spent most of our time in there. The staff was very helpful and made sure we got everything we needed which was greatly appreciated. The only small problem we had is that because our room was right next to the staircase, we could here everyone walking up and down it. There was a team of some sort and they were happy to walk up and down the stairs more then once. I guess it is the chance you take at every hotel but overall it was a great stay!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms next to staircase
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jessica P
Reviewed March 2, 2014

THE place to stay in Deer Lake! With a helpful staff and great breakfast buffet to start your day, I don't hesitate selecting HIE in Deer Lake when doing business on the west coast of Newfoundland! Pool, hot tub and gym top off the amenities!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark L
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Had the privilege to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Deer Lake recently, and I have to say that I was very impressed.

From the ultra modern yet cozy lobby, to the large rooms with amazing beds, fridges, and microwaves and shower heads; its the best place I've stayed outside of St. John's.

My only complaint would be that there is no bar or restaurant in the building, but that only encourages people to leave the hotel and contribute to the local economy.

If you're in Western NL, this is the place to stay. Bring your bathing suite though. The waterside is just too much fun!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2014

If you have to stay in Deer Lake this is the place to stay. It may be a tiny bit further from the airport than the other available hotels but the distance is negligible but worth it as it is brand new in comparison to the other accommodations. I have stayed here seven times since it opened two years ago and have never been disappointed. I stay there only to await boarding my plane or when disembarking and it is too late for the two and a half hour drive to home. Check-in is quick, check -out is non-existent as I always prepay. They serve a continental breakfast which is great as you can grab something en route to the airport. The hotel has a pool and water slide that we have never used as we most often are travelling to a better climate for fun and sun. They have free wifi and amazingly comfortable beds with a pillow menu. There is an in-room fridge, microwave and coffee-maker.

Room Tip: Brand new hotel so all rooms are clean and well-equipped. There is no view to take advantage of and there are only three floors.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family