All reviewsbunk bedshot tubhi expressnice poolgros morne national parkgreat hotelfree breakfastcold breakfastswimming poolcinnamon bunsclose to the airportrocky harbouran early flightwestern newfoundlandtranscanada highwaytop floorthe breakfast area
Reviewed February 1, 2014

After crossing from Nova Scotia, we skipped Port Aux Basques and Corner Brook and pressed on to Deer Lake. This is a decision we didn't regret. This relatively new comer brings modern amenities and expectations to an area that greatly needs it.

Take my advise, drive the extra time to stay here.

Rooms were in great condition, even with a 3AM arrival time we had no issues. We didn't get to try the pool but the free breakfast was superb. Bed was comfortable and had ample parking.

New favourite place to stay outside of St. John's area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Greg F
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I love this hotel and have stayed here 3 different times for early/late flights. The staff are so friendly, especially the girl that works the graveyard shift! So friendly. The breakfast is good, and free :). The rooms are large and very clean , although I have stayed in the Executive jacuzzi room each time, so it was very large. My only complaint this last time (Jan 18th) was that I stayed on the 3 rd floor and the amount of noise coming from the family next door to me and the family above me was crazy! I could hear every step, cry, talking, laughing,etc. I had a super early flight and was awake till 12am, and had to get up at 3am. It was not the hotels fault that I was unlucky enough to be under and next to people who have zero idea how to close a hotel room door properly without slamming it or how to ask your children to not jump on the bed/floor I case there may be someone below you in the room. If you are a light sleeper or need to get up super early I would recommend bringing earplugs because the noise insulation is not the best Herero ask for the top floor. But believe me when I say that this is probably the best hotel in Deer lake and the clean rooms and friendly staff make it a sure bet that I will stay here again !

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed here for one night while travelling, reserved room easily on my mobile phone, had a late check in and everything was just perfect.
Excellent size rooms with comfortable bed, clean washroom, clean hotel from top to bottom.
Free buffet breakfast included, and not just continental breakfast, but a full breakfast if you dine after 6AM.
Everything smooth from check in to check out with an excellent night sleep.

Room Tip: We travelled with two small dogs and stayed on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Would absolutely recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a clean, modern, friendly and affordable place to stay. The rooms were great... Service was excellent and of course the price with breakfast included was a great fit for travelling with 3 young girls. Very nice hotel and would most definitely stay here again. Thanks

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I have no problem recommending this hotel. I've stayed here 4 times now and never been disappointed. The staff is friendly and truly helpful. The rooms were great, the beds comfortable, nice tv and there is free Wi-Fi. The complimentary breakfast is the best I've seen at any hotel. The fitness room is tidy and has towels and water so you don't have to bring your own. The only complaint I have is that there are no restaurant. So I have to pick something up before I check in.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the highway. There is less road noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business