All reviewsbunk bedshot tubhi expressnice poolgros morne national parkgreat hotelfree breakfastcold breakfastswimming poolcinnamon bunsclose to the airportrocky harbourwestern newfoundlandan early flighttranscanada highwaytop floorthe breakfast area
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This new hotel is a tribute to the holiday inn express brand. A very clean facility with very friendly staff and all the services. I have stayed in pretty much every hotel in the western Newfoundland area including all of those in Corner Brook and with the exception of the Marble Mountain resort suites this is easily in my opinion the best choice hotel in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Very friendly staff. Self serve breakfast....We had prepaid room using Expedi however at check-in
at 1:30 am Holiday Inn still wanted to place a Reservation charge on my C/C of $150...seems a little excessive reservation charge ..in case we trash room I am guessing???

Room Tip: Close to airport....
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This area has been in need of a nice hotel for years. While traveling from St. Anthony, I stayed for one night at this hotel. I have no complaints. Clean, comfortable and friendly staff. I look forward to staying there again in the future. Others spoke about noise but I was on the 4th floor in the corner and heard nothing. I will say the price was reasonable compared to some of the places I stayed on the Northern Peninsula.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The hotel is clean, has spacious rooms, comfortable beds, and friendly staff. However, it is extremely noisy. It is wood construction with little or no sound proofing in the floors. You can hear the guests in the room above you as if they were stomping around; (I was awakened around 2:30am as the upstairs guest went to the bathroom). Same with people walking in the corridors and stair way. I was on the side facing the highway and starting around 5:00 am the sound of transport trucks woke me up. This hotel is certainly nicer than the Deer Lake Hotel or the Driftwood Inn but if you choose to stay here bring ear plugs and ask for a room on the 4th floor on the side away from the highway.

Room Tip: 4th floor (top floor) rooms are much quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stay there when on business now as it is head and shoulders above the options in the Corner Brook area.
It is your typical new Holiday Inn Express with big rooms, fridges in the rooms, hot complimentary breakfast in the morning and the wireless seems good. And unlike most hotels outside of St John's it has a fitness center.
I was on the highway side of the building and slept well with no issues from the traffic.
Staff has been very helpful and it's good to have that much needed option.

Room Tip: You might want to get the front of the hotel if traffic noise bothers you.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business