“Had a ball”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014

They offer a wonderful meal ie: Cornish hen or steak with the veggies , salad and desert with a bottle of wine. Then a dance and bar with 1 free drink right after dinner and at 1200 new years some snack food and a bottle of champagne which you can drink because a free ride home is offered as part of the ticket. And too top it all off the ticket cost &50.00 each which is a fantastic deal. And we did have a great time .

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I have been to this place a few times and decided to give it one more chance... and I was again very disappointed in the service and the attitude of the staff.
I am wondering if the owner/management ever read these reviews because it appears to me that nothing is done about the service or staff.
The wait staff asked us three times what we wanted and then still did not get the order right.
This place could be so much busier if only some attention was given to improving the attitudes and customer service. It makes me wonder why management does very little about any of these issues.

1  Thank Lois W
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We went to Fong's knowing that they had Chinese food. Having been on the road travelling for almost two weeks,we were in desperate need of a fill of vegetables...what a mistake that was.
The service was absolutely terrible and incredibly slow.
The food when it came as an absolute joke to be even called Chinese food. The Singapore fried noodles where like glop and the whatever we had with vegetables was like a stew...all overcooked and way too many water chestnuts. We basically did not eat it and left.
While we were there a wedding party came in for their reception. I felt incredibly sad for the bride, and told my partner that if I was to have my wedding reception there that it would be instant divorce!!!

5  Thank suzabella60
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Went here in Feb, my boyfriend was finishing a coffee and had taken it inside with him (Coffee was from Robins) and they said that he wasn't aloud in with it. We were like okay, threw it out. Sits down, looks at the menu-- we decided upon Chinese food. Quite expensive, not good, small portions and poor customer service. Was not a good experience.

4  Thank CaitieB1922
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Drove 1 1/2 hours to take my in-laws to lunch for Father's Day while they drove 1 hour to meet us. Got there 1:30 and there was hardly anyone in the restaurant. Took us 1 hour 45 minutes to get cold, overcooked food. The waitress never checked on us the whole time. When we asked about our orders she laughed. When I was paying for dinner I advised the server how upset I was over the service and the food, she laughed. No apologies offered. I asked to speak to the manager and was told that the manager was not in and won't be there until supper time. When I got home at supper time I called and asked to speak to the manager I was advised that she was busy and will call back and was also advised that Michelle Fong the owner and manager was as the restaurant all day. I left my name and number and off course I didn't get a call back. This is the third time that I have been there with the same results. I can promise that there will not be a fourth. I will head to Don's Buffet up the road or go to Ches's as they are opening in Carbonear. How does this place stay open????

8  Thank Mary W