“Second stay better than the first”
Review of Carbonear Motel

Carbonear Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carbonear
Carbonear Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Carbonear
n.s.can
“Second stay better than the first”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband stayed here for 2 weeks 2 years ago and found it very central for where he wanted to sight see. That is why we stayed there for 2 nights middle of July. It is very handy to have the little kitchenette and the room is quite large with a nice bathroom. We had a room over looking the harbour and the view is fantastic. There is a boardwalk that goes right by the place and is a nice walk to see part of the town. The owners were quite friendly and the place is dog friendly. An added bonus for us as our dog usually has to sleep in the car most places we go.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor facing the harbour for a great view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Iris H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Carbonear, Canada
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I'm not sure about the previous reviews, but as I write this, I am staying at the Carbonear Hotel. It was recommended to me by my parents who stayed here when they were in their twenties, and the hotel operated under the name "Butt's Motel. I didn't know what to expect before coming. But I didn't expect the "Hilton" or a "Holiday Inn".
My room faces the street, my car is parked right in front, facing the street, not on the street.
My room is clean, new paint, fridge and stove, and three piece bath.
The hotel backs on to the bay, a beautiful view, any time of day. It's a close walk to the boardwalk and the origional downtown area.
I've stayed in four different hotels over the past week on my trip out to Newfoundland. As far as character, I'd say this was the best so far. Still have the return trip to do.
If you are looking to experience a little of the local hospitality and local atmosphere, I'd certainly make the recomendation to stay here. But not if you are looking for that "Hilton" experience. You can get a factory made motel/hotel anywhere...

Room Tip: Rooms on the street side do hear traffic til about 10pm. And, rooms on the street side have a boardw...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank OntarioTrucker1
Canada
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Small bed, lots of room fragrance (thank goodness I am not scent-sensitive) . Ancient, woody/cottage interior. I will definitely make sure I find a nicer accommodation next time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Ocea_nixe3

Travelers are raving about these Carbonear hotels

chicago, IL
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Few motels are outside St. John's. This one, though dated, is adequate if you choose a harbor-view with a kitchen window that overlooks the harbor.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank ski222
Brantford, Canada
Reviewed May 16, 2010

Rooms with amazing views, very affordable, and very clean. Only complaint, could use a bigger TV.! A great place to stay when visiting the Carbonear area.

Sounds of the ocean and small stream close by lets you rest like you in a spa surrounding..

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank dwgwood
Montreal Canada
Reviewed July 26, 2006

The Carbonear Motel is a very handy and well run motel right on the bay. The other motel (Fong's) is up on the highway and not in town. The proprietor of the Carbonear is very friendly, and efficient. He also runs one of the better gift shops on the Island as well. The motel serves as an excellent base of operations for the area, and the the view of the bay keeps you in touch with the ocean. The motel units have kitchettes and ample storage areas. Our unit was a little worn in terms of furnishings, but was very clean.

Stayed June 2006
6 Thank Aranawes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carbonear
Comerfords Suites
Crossroads Motel & Trailer Park
Rose Manor Inn
Rose Manor Inn
#2 of 4 in Harbour Grace

Been to Carbonear Motel? Share your experiences!