Baccalieu Trail Fine Dining Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Carbonear
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Experience lodging and dining at the B & B. A one night stay with evening dining for two $249.00. A two night stay and one evening of dining for two $399.00. (Tax and gratuity extra).
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This was my first time visiting the Baccalieu Trail B & B fine dining but certainly not my last! The food was beyond my expectations, the atmosphere was beautiful, the service was top notch and the hosts were the friendliest I've meet in any establishment. If you are traveling to the Carbonear area, this is one stop you should make!

There are newer reviews for Baccalieu Trail Fine Dining Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed January 13, 2014

My friends and I decided to try the Baccalieu Trail Bed and Breakfast in Carbonear to celebrate a friends birthday. Wow what an experience we had. I called a couple of days ahead of time because I wanted a special cake made for the birthday girl and I also knew that we had some picky eaters so needed to see if they could do some special meals for kids. The response I got from Craig and Bruce....No problem! Craig who has an amazing personality greeted us at the door when we arrived and then took us around and showed us all the dining areas. He gave us a bit of history of the home and later on that evening showed us the rooms which were absolutely beautiful. The meals and service were fantastic. Bruce is one amazing chef!! We will definitely be going back very soon.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect when I visited the Baccalieu Trail Bed and Breakfast for dinner this evening, as it hasn't been open that long - in fact they're still working on opening the actual B&B portion of the business - but I was pleasantly surprised by the experience. Between my party of six we sampled every thing on the menu, currently three appetizers, entrees, and desserts, and everything was excellent. I'm hoping the menu will expand in the future but everything they currently offer is outstanding. The wine selection was nice, and the service was top notch, with just the right combination of checking in with the table yet not interfering with the meal. Definitely not to be missed for those seeking a delightful fine dining experience.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

My husband and I were in Newfoundland for Christmas and we decided to check this restaurant out since we have been hearing a lot of hype about it. I contacted the owner in November to make reservations and Craig was a doll. He was quite helpful and super nice. He actually greeted us at the door when we arrived and you could tell that he was made for this. What an absolute joy! Super friendly and quite talkative. We had reservations for 4 and we were seated promptly in one of their beautiful dining rooms. The house was beautifully decorated for Christmas and it felt quite intimate and cozy. The food was delicious. I ordered the beet salad (yummy), the pork loin wrapped in prosciutto (delicious!) and the creme brule (loved the added touch of blueberries on the bottom). I was quite impressed. We eat out a LOT in Minneapolis and this was definitely a meal that we will remember. The timing between courses was spot on and the atmosphere was perfect for catching up with old friends over great food and good wine! We will definitely be back!

1  Thank ABowering
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I was extremely fortunate to dine at this fine establishment in Dec.2013 with a group of friends. Imagine dining at the finest home in the world and you will get a glimpse of what fine dining is all about at this beautiful place. Attention to detail, ambiance, and service is par none , not to mention the culinary delights that awaken you senses. In the midst of winter on a very snowy evening, I was transported , through an exceptional dining experience, to a world of magical happenings. Thank you Craig and Bruce. I look forward to my next magical experience with great anticipation.