“Carrot-Ginger Soup”
Review of Neil's Yard - CLOSED

Neil's Yard
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We serve seriously good espresso coffee and a range of fine leaf teas. We have freshly prepared Breton-style crepes, soups and we bake our own renowned cheesecake and wonderful homemade pastries from local berries and fruits. Our breakfasts, lunches and dinners are focussed towards healthy eating. We serve vegan and gluten-free foods.We also promote and sell the Crafts Council and/or Crafts of Character juried work of Newfoundland and Labrador artists and crasftspeople in our shop.
Reviewed August 3, 2013

By far the best soup I have had on my whole trip down to Newfoundland. It was so good I ordered it twice. Also, the shop-owner has to be the most polite person in all of Canada. He feels like your best friend the moment he says 'hello'. Please drop by if you are in Bonavista. Sitting in this cafe has been one of my most enjoyable experiences so far on my trip.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Starting with carrot and ginger soup which is probably the best I've had anywhere, followed by the Cocorico (cock-a-doodle-do?) crepe, it was a party for the tastebuds. Hubby had the smoked salmon crepe which, of course, I also sampled and loved. Our dessert of strawberry and rhubarb crumble was not the usual overbaked concoction. It was light and very tasty, served warm with a scoop of very good vanilla ice cream. Not too sweet which often happens with rhubarb desserts. Oh, and I didn't mention the pots of tea, expertly brewed by Neil and presented in lovely delicate pots and cups.
We had a marvellous meal accompanied with interesting and lively conversation with Neil and Francine. Unique and well-crafted items by local artists and artisans also available for purchase.
We returned the following day for Americanos to enjoy on our trip homeward. All in all, a great experience and one we will repeat on every visit to Bonavista from now on.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We found this place because of Trip Advisor and it is wonderful. Lovely cafe setting with large selection of teas (by cup or pot), crepes and other lunch items. We both had traditional crepes and loved them. Also enjoyed a pot of Olde Days Tea. Free wifi was a bonus as we planned the rest of our rainy day in Bonavista. There is also a craft shop. Everything from food to art is homemade.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I can only speak for the dessert crepes that we had there, but they were AMAZING!! Would definitely go back again for more!!!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I stumbled on this cafe while in Bonavista. The soup and crepes were just wonderful. A great alternative to vary the heavier NL cooking. Very pleasant, cozy ambience. All around pleasant experience.