“A healthy and delicious find!”
Review of Neil's Yard

Neil's Yard
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Bonavista
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We serve seriously good espresso coffee and a range of fine leaf teas. We have freshly prepared Breton-style crepes, soups and we bake our own renowned cheesecake and wonderful homemade pastries from local berries and fruits. Our breakfasts, lunches and dinners are focussed towards healthy eating. We serve vegan and gluten-free foods.We also promote and sell the Crafts Council and/or Crafts of Character juried work of Newfoundland and Labrador artists and crasftspeople in our shop.
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I stumbled on this cafe while in Bonavista. The soup and crepes were just wonderful. A great alternative to vary the heavier NL cooking. Very pleasant, cozy ambience. All around pleasant experience.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is a small café where we went for lunch. The food was delicious . Not Ostentatious but very very good.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Walking around Bonavista, we noticed this place because it was advertising for expresso and crêpes bretonnes. I needed a picker upper so we went in for an expresso. This is small place in a renovated building with lots of charm. It is also a store which sales local good quality craft mostly the textlie kind such as scarves and quilts. I ordered my expresso; the waiter was very friendly and spoke to us in French which was an extra treat. the expresso was just delicious well made by a person who wanted details about the way I like my brew. While enjoying my drink the owner passed by and started a conversation in french with us. She was a very friendly person originally from Switzerland. I enquired about the food which was made on the premices. It all looked very delicious. Unfortunately, I just was not ready to eat again that day. I do recommend this place for its wonderful smells of home baked goods

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

gracious, engaging, informative couple serving fabulous crepes, breakfasts, espresso coffees, in an ultra casual and welcoming atmosphere ... at reasonable prices! if i lived in the area this would be my second home.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I stopped here for lunch, on the recommendation of Ed Beckett of Rolling Hills B&B in Dunfield. My husband had the French Onion soup and said it was the best he'd ever had. They use a vegetable broth base, rather than beef, and have some different herbs and spices in the mix as well. Lots of onions and the crusty bread croutons were a special touch. I had a crepe with sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese and spinach and it too was delicious. Also had an Americano coffee that was absolutely marvelous - strong, hot and made to order - yum! Reasonable prices, great service, good location. What more could you ask? Wish we had a place like Neil's Yard in Belleville, ON!!