Puffins Landing
Russelltown Inn(Bonavista)
Lancaster Inn(Bonavista)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshis brotherugly stickplace to staytwo night staywonderful hostscodamazing photosgreat showerlocal attractionsat homewonderful visita special placebreakfast was deliciousnewfoundland hospitalityeach morninghost and hostessmemorable stay
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Wow - we enjoyed the friendliness of Maureen and Keith at the Puffins Landing B&B so much - they are so much fun and full of local lore and storytelling (thanks Keith). We had our 21 year old Granddaughter and her boyfriend with us who wanted to see everything "Newfoundland" - well, Keith took us to a breathtaking hiking location and with the combination of the rugged seacoast, the winds, the tundra, the "feeling" of awesomeness was a memory in itself. Our rooms were very clean and the food was delicious. Nothing but good things to say about our two-night stay at the B&B. It was quite central to a lot of other attractions and walking distance to local stores and gift shops. Thanks Keith and Maureen

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We had a two night stay. Great room with king sized bed. Very comfortable. Wonderful breakfast. Keith and Maureen were terrific hosts. Keith not only told great stories but educated us a bit about the area and fishing industry. Keith's generosity extended to taking us to a great hiking path and getting us started. Only caution is that there is a very sweet, quiet dog living at the house, so might want to give thought to booking if you have allergies. Speaking of allergies, our hosts took care in making sure dietary needs or food allergies were not an issue. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We had the privlege of staying with Keith and Maureen again at their B&B for trip to Bonavista NL.
Not sure why the last post was so harsh with their review. Keith and his wife Maureen are outstanding hosts and couldnt have accomidated us more. I to have dietary restrictions which I would never expect the host to remember. Maureen did remember when I asked she just asked for clarification for what I could have. I appreciated this as I wouldnt want her cooking to go to waste.
However, I personally feel its common courtesy to remove your shoes before entering any home regardless if its a B&B.

I personally love how close it is to the harbour and the local attractions. Sure it's not ocean view but then again we don't care as it was only a short walk or drive to the ocean during our excursions.

Make sure to go for some ice cream down by the lighthouse (dairy king) sure to please your taste buds while you sit by the ocean.
We would definitely stay here a third time when we come back to NL!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Purplesister28
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This B&B is located in a small subdivision with no view other than the neighbor's house or the street. The rooms are just big enough for the queen-sized bed, though neat and clean. One reason they are so clean is that guests are not allowed to wear their shoes anywhere in the house, including their room. So, you leave them on the inside landing even when bringing in your suitcases.

Though their website says breakfast can be between 8-9 am, we were told 8 am. Period.

But worst of all, our hosts had planned a trip away during our whole stay, but we were not told this until we arrived at the door. As well, my food allergies were not remembered by Maureen though she assured me they were noted by my reservation. However, she was not making the breakfasts,as she was going away, rather a lady she hired would be coming in. As for guest guidance or chatting, well, no. But, a relative would check in now and then to see if there were any emergencies.

Hardly the B&B experience.

Room Tip: A better choice is the small hotel on the Bonnavista harbour.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank miraclecruise
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My friend and I stayed at Puffins Landing for two nights and had a wonderful time. Keith and Maureen were perfect hosts, very helpful. Our room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. There was also a common room which was nice to sit in while figuring out the plans for the day. Keith went out of his way to help us find a fisherman in town to procure fresh lobsters! That dinner ended up being the highlight of our entire trip. I would highly recommend this B & B.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends