“Very nice comfortable stay”

and 1 more site!
White's Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 9 Bonavista B&B and Inns
Victoria, Canada
“Very nice comfortable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

The Bonavista area seems to have a good range of places to stay but value for the dollar, I'd recommend White's B&B. We stayed in the housekeeping unit and although breakfast is not included with this unit, all the faclities are available to make your own and the grocery store is not far away. I was spotlessly clean, new laminate floors, very spacious unit with a good sized basic but well equipped kitchen with everything you need to fix a meal. There is also a TV room and 2 bedrooms. Very comfortable for a family of up to 4. Marie seems as genuine as they come. A note tacked on the door to go on in, the unit is open, it certainly feels like visiting relatives. If somehow she could have controlled the weather, I'm sure she would have. Definitely a very high recommendation and would have no hesitation to come back and stay again, but I'd order better weather next time.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Ron W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Guelph
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

On my recent pleasure road trip to Newfoundland, I had the pleasure of staying at White's B & B. They weren't home when I arrived, but clear instructions had been given to me over the phone as to entry and I had no trouble settling in to my room in the quiet house. I made use of the available laundry facilities, made a cup of tea, and was there when my host and hostess arrived home from a shopping trip. I was invited to join Marie and Arch for some pie and tea while I sat with my feet up on their couch enjoying the big screen TV with them. I felt as comfortable as if I was in my own home. My bedroom was comfortable and clean and I appreciated the personal touches they offered that made me feel welcome and made my stay more delightful, such as the map with highlighted restaurants and sights that was spread out on my bed upon arrival or the 44 different jars of jams and jellies that accompanied the delicious breakfast. If you're looking for a home away from home, this is it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank BarbHeagy
Oliver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

Many B&B's could take a lesson from Marie & Arch. This was our third trip to Bonanvista and White's B&B. Both Marie and Arch join you for breakfast and the evening snacks. Marie apologized that there were three jams short of her regular stable, she only had 42 different jams and jellies. We stayed six nights and still missed a couple of tasting sessions. Arch likes to gather "his flock" before they all bed down, after a busy day of touring that is likely to be early. The dining room table is a social gathering point, and Marie & Arch host the cake, pie and cookies event.
White's is easy to find just head for the lighthouse. The quiet rooms insure a restful sleep. If you stay long enough you'll get to meet the White's family - kids and dogs. Newfoundland hospitality abounds in the White's B&B. Arch has stories and is always ready with a quick joke.
This fantasic place is somewhere we will go back to, again and again.

Room Tip: The three bedrroms all have excellent beds and separate bathrooms. There is a separate houekeeping u...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Peter M
Canmore, AB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2009

Stayed here for a night on short notice last week. Hosts were wonderful and friendly. Excellent breakfasts, good clean rooms. Nothing fancy, but I'd say it's the best value b&b on Cape Bonavista.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank John660
Vaughan, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2009

We traveled to Bonavista, a picturesque Newfoundland coastal town and found White's B&B a night before. We were lucky to have been booked in because it was full when we got there. Arch and Marie White have 3 guest bedrooms in the house and a separate unit attached to the house. The place was spotlessly clean. The room was very comfortable with newly furnished bathroom. The large, relaxing living room was equipped with a big screen TV, sofas and decorated with maritime memorabilia. Wireless worked well too. After viewing puffins in nearby Cape Bonavista, we came back to join the snacks meal before bedtime. Arch told us about his seasonal job on fishing boat to catch shrimps and crabs on high sea while Marie kept replenishing goodies on the table. After a quiet night sleep, all the guests were greeted by the aroma from the kitchen in the morning. Arch and Marie had prepared the delicious breakfasts. Guess how many jams were on the table? 37! The 37 jams were all made by Marie with different fruits and vegetables. They not only tasted great but more importantly, typified hospitality of the locals. We reluctantly left the Whites after breakfast, wondering when we could come back to visit this great place again....Staying at the White's and visiting Bonavista definitely was one of the best highlights in our recent trip to Newfoundland and Cape Breton.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank YorkRegionYnot
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bonavista
Russelltown Inn
#7 of 9 in Bonavista
The Meems' Elliston B&B
The Meems' Elliston B&B
#2 of 2 in Elliston

Been to White's Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!