“Sunny Chowder Day”

The Caves Restaurant
Reviewed June 11, 2014

En route to Fundy Trail we stopped for a light lunch here. Bowl of chowder and a biscuit. Chowder had a variety of seafood and def lobster in there! It was sunny and quiet and we lingered over coffee to watch the tide go out. Bruce the owner seemed quite jovial, the toilets were clean, and the view from the deck stunning. I am sure it's mad when the Cruise boats come on their tours but don't stop of that bothers you. Come when it's quieter in early June!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

If you're visiting the caves then you should stop and eat here. The prices were awesome and you got a large amount of food. Had the crispy chicken wrap platter (which meant it comes with your choice of fries, onion rings, salad) and had the onion rings - very delicious!

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Pretty much our entire group ordered a crispy chicken wrap platter with a side of onion rings. This combo cost 10$ and I was shocked by the massive size of the wrap we received. The wrap was a meal alone and we also got a "side" of rings that was pretty much a full order! Great value and it was nicely tasty. Friendly staff as well. Highly recommended!

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I've lived in NB my entire life, and travelled all over these provinces eating our traditional staple- the seafood chowder. I'm slightly biased, as I've eaten here all my life, but The Caves' chowder is the best in NB by a landslide. Rich and creamy with a variety of shellfish, it is served with a fluffy buttery biscuit. The rest of the menu covers the local seafood matrix, though most of it is deep fried. Portions are very generous! The prices are relatively high, but the meals are exceptional. Service is really good, though it is set up differently than most restaurants. There's a requirement to go inside to order at the counter, they then deliver your food based on the number you're given for your table. The restaurant overlooks the scenic cave view, and has an extensive balcony with seating both indoor and out.

1  Thank mpjotraveler
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Our tour bus broke down on our way to St. Martin's to have lunch at The Cave's. Our guide kept in touch with the restuarant and we were 2 hours late for lunch. The restuarant took us right in and put us in a private room with a very devoted staff. The chowder was the best ever and the biscuit was heavenly. This is something because I am a southern girl who hates biscuits! thank you to the staff for saving our day!