“Excellent lunch for families” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cunard Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 75 Restaurants in Miramichi
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
“Excellent lunch for families”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

The Cunard is such a nice place to go for lunch - a relaxing atmosphere and delicious food. I had a pot of oolong tea and a small plate for lunch, which came with an egg roll, rice and sweet/sour chicken. It was just enough food for me. My husband had General Tso's chicken and my sons had chicken and fried rice. The food was great and quite filling - all for a reasonable price! I highly recommend it for families visiting the picturesque town of Chatham, New Brunswick on the Miramichi River. You'll definitely want to stroll along historic Water Street afterwards and check out the cute shops and the waterfront playground.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank mum2sp

Moncton
“WORST chinese food in town”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

The food was tasteless, greasy and dry. Felt like the rice had been made weeks ago and reheated so many times it re-dried it. Ribs were just fat and had to search for meat. Chicken balls were just dough with a tiny bite of chicken. Overall I cannot even begin to say how much this food, if you can call it food, was horrible.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Isabelle L
Elliot Lake, Canada
“We love the Chinese fare here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

We lived in the Miramichi for 7 years. While there, and lovers of oriental food, we discovered the Cunard restaurant. The service has always been great and the food draws us back often. The fact that we return whenever we can should say it all - nice eaterie!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank cpjohnboi
Moncton, Canada
“Not as nice as I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have often seen ads about this restaurant and I have to say that I expected it to be a bit nicer looking. It was the typical canadian-chinese restaurant, nothing fancy.

I don't usually eat at chinese restaurants and didn't feel like having chinese food so I figured I would order fish and chips. I figured it's a safe bet, it's hard to screw that up but I was wrong. My fish wasn't cooked enough and the dough was even undercooked and that's just gross. I didn't bother telling the waitress about it because I just didn't feel like eating anymore.

I could tell that the staff was trying their best and seemed to really care about giving good service. I'm thinking I just caught them on a bad day.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Weezie70
Miramichi, Canada
“Chinese and Canadian dishes done right.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have never had better Chinese dishes anywhere and if you're not in the mood for that then there's an excellent selection of other food to choose from. Burger and fries to almond soo guy this place is great. The absolute best sweet and sour sauce anywhere, 'nuff said.

• Visited May 2013