You will find a very easy check-in with a friendly staff. The motel is on two floors with direct access from car to room on the ground and hallway access above. Be very clear that you do not want a first-floor room near the stairway; the doors close very loudly.
My upstairs room was large with a big window looking out to a balcony. Lighting was the poorest I have seen in a modern motel. There was a floor lamp on one side of one bed and nothing else. The other bed had no light and no control over the lamp. The bed was very comfortable. The TV was a 32” flat panel with a printed channel guide and lots of channels. This is very rare in motels at this price range in New Brunswick.
The bathroom was a good size, but, as usual, lacked counter space. The tub was great with the new curved shower rod that I like. The water is very hot.
The room did not have a microwave; I suppose you could hike down to the breakfast room and use the one there. The refrigerator was too noisy to run at night. Wi-Fi signal strength was good. The breakfast was also good, especially since many New Brunswick motels in this price range don’t offer one.
I recommend this motel for the staff, the quality of the room, and the reasonable cost.
Scooper47’s top tips: 1. Do not accept rooms 214 to 217. They are directly underneath a loud motor, most likely something to do with ventilation.
2. If you like Korean cooking, or have never tried it, consider eating at the attached restaurant. I was very pleased with my meal and with not having to go out.
3. There is a very nice public park along the river just down from the parking lot and to the left. A very pleasant evening stroll.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Econo Lodge Miramichi is located in the heart of downtown Miramichi, offering rooms overlooking the scenic Maramichi River. And it is very close to popular tourist attractions. Famous Richie Wharf and River Tour Boats are just within 100 meters. We are very close to Beaubears Island, French Fort Cove Nature Park, the Miramichi Civie Center. Miramichi Dragway Park and Lord Beaverbrook Arena. Our convenient hotel is within walking distance to many government and city offices, major banks, super and liquor markets, and many parks.If your most concerns after long hours of trip are a comfortable bedroom, cozy dining and hospitality, the very answer is in our Miramichi hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Choice Hotels and Agoda so you can book your Econo Lodge Miramichi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miramichi Econo Lodge
- Econo Lodge Miramichi New Brunswick