“You will be surprised...pleasantly!”

Econo Lodge Miramichi
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Miramichi
Saint John, Canada
“You will be surprised...pleasantly!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We booked here on the recommendation of a friend and were extremely pleased with the choice.
The hotel is well located and check in was seamless. The manager was attentive throughout our stay and very helpful. The room was spotless and the bathroom has recently been renovated so it was a step up from the usual.
Unfortunately the restaurant was not open on Sunday but we will be back. The manager did make several recommendations close by though. Internet was a little difficult in the room but good in the lobby. Free newspapers were a bonus. Breakfast consisted of coffee, boiled eggs and bagels/cereal and toast. There were only 4 tables but the manager was quick to open the restaurant for additional seating when necessary. We had a room on the second floor with a river view. Stale air in the room was remedied by opening a window or the door onto the balcony. Because it is one long balcony, some guests sit out and chat but by 10 everything became very quiet and street noise disappeared.
My wife left her purse in a local restaurant and the manager was very helpful in contacting us and facilitating its return. Thanks to him again.
This motel exceeded my expectations and is recommended highly for a stay in this city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor with a river view. 220 was a good choice as it is close to the st...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
friendinmiramichi, Owner at Econo Lodge Miramichi, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Hello, sir.
How are you doing?
My staff and I read your review and , of course, we were very happy.
Thank you very much for your great review. As a hotel owner and manager,
I always think we can't run our business if we can't make our guests satisfied.
Although there are still a lot of things to be improved, we have continuosly tried our best to make our guests' stay comfortable. And we will try our best. I am really sorry for closing the restaurant on Sundays; however, it is because we also need some rest.
We appreciate your nice review again and wish you a nice summer season.

Jae, the manager of Econo Lodge Miramichi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Marlborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I found this hotel on Trip Advisor and was impressed by the reviews, so I booked a three night stay. Well I was not disappointed. First the location is perfect, just a 1/2 block off downtown and right next to the water front area. Lots of interesting things to do and see. There are also several nice restaurants and a city park, but not too many choices for shopping. As for the hotel it is an older property, and the new owners have done a lot of work bringing the rooms up to standard. Everything was clean and working, including the nice new flat screen cable TV. The staff was excellent, front desk, housekeeping and met the manager several times and he was very engaged with the property and how I was doing. Just could not ask for better service. Last the price was very reasonable for the area. In all, this Econo Lodge is the best value and location in Miramichi.

Room Tip: If you have them, be sure to ask for AAA or Senior Discount
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ken L
friendinmiramichi, Owner at Econo Lodge Miramichi, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Hi, sir.
How are you doing?
I remember that you were really nice and gentle to me and my staff.
Whenever I read nice reviews from our guests, I feel very happy.
And your nice review also gives me real happiness and feeling of satisfaction to my job.
All of my staff also read your review and they felt real happiness.
I heartily appreciate your kindness you showed us and your nice review.
Have a nice holidays.

Jae, your friend in Miramichi
London, Canada
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed four nights and was completely satisfied. Although the building is older, the bathroom in my room had been completely updated and the room was tidy. The owners and staff were very friendly and accommodating. The adjoining restaurant impressed me--it has been recently renovated, is licensed, and offers many food choices...I chose two Asian dishes on two different occasions and they were both great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hello my dear friend.
How nice review this is!
Your nice review is the very best gift to me and all of my staff.
We were also very happy when you were staying with us.
We really appreciate your staying with us and your nice review.
Have a nice summer season.

Jae, your friend in Miramichi
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2013

It was my family's second visit to this hotel when we were on a vacation. Just like the last time i visited this place, the service they provided was excellent. What I liked about their service was that they were kindful and helped us out very quickly when we first arrived to the place. While staying in the place, our family found that overall, the room was very clean and there was no unpleasant smell coming out from any place unlike other hotels. Although It was not on our plan to visit this place, we were very satisfied about this place and we could've regretted if we didnt drop by. We were very appreciated and we would love to visit this hotel in the future when we get a chance.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Alison P
friendinmiramichi, Owner at Econo Lodge Miramichi, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Hello my friend.
This is a really happy news for me and my staff.
It is natural for us to do our best to make our guests satisfied;
however, we are really happy whenever we read this kind of nice review.
I heartily appreciate your kind and nice review.
In addition, it was also our honour and happiness to have been with the guests like you.
I hope to see you again soon.
Thank you, again.

Your friend in Miramichi
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We travelled to Miramichi to visit my father-in-law in the seniors' residence. We chose the Econo Lodge mainly because of price and were not expecting luxury. The room itself was small, but clean. However, it was the service that was second to none. While there we received a snow storm. We decided that we would not go out for dinner but instead headed to the motel's restaurant. Everything was dark, but as soon as we went in, the lights came on, the stove fired up and we were treated like royalty. To add to the incredible hospitality, the food was absolutely delicious. The following morning we went out to our car and were shocked (and delighted) to see that it had been swept clean!

The night prior to our leaving, people had checked in above us. They were fairly loud, with lots of stomping around. We called to see if we could move to another room due to the overhead noise, and were advised that the motel was full. Not a minute later, the overhead ruckus stopped and it was once again peaceful.

The motel only provides each room with one envelope of coffee, and we found that the coffee whitener was not replaced. We left a note asking if we could have two packages of coffee and additional whitener, and this was provided without question.

Certainly the motel is a tad tired in terms of decor, but the owners and staff go to great lengths to make the stay enjoyable. I would definitely stay there again, and I would frequent the restaurant more regularly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
friendinmiramichi, Owner at Econo Lodge Miramichi, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Hello my dear
It is a really happy thing to meet this nice review in this cold season.
I really appreciate your review and promise I will try my best to make
my guests satisfied. I hope you have a nice winter season.
Happy New Year.

From Jae
Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2012

On a recent tour of Eastern Canada we had the good fortune to stay here. What a find! The staff were great and very welcoming. The room was very clean and comfortable. We had a fantastic meal in their restaurant. We wish them continued success!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Janette M
friendinmiramichi, Owner at Econo Lodge Miramichi, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Hi my dear friend.
We are really happy today because we came to know that you were very happy with us when you were staying at our place. As hoteliers, we always want to make our place the real home away home for our guests. How happy we are whenever we come to know that we can give some happy memory to our guests! As the owner and general manager of our hotel and restaurant, I heartily appreciate your kind and nice review and I wish you happy days forever.
From your friend in Miramichi
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed just overnight in this hotel, arriving late at night. The man at the reception was fast and nice. Got a non smoking room at the first floor. The room was nice with 2 queen beds, fridge and flat TV. The only minus was a bit of strange smell and lack of fresh air in it. The bathroom was very nice and clean.
In the morning I discovered a nice view from the 2nd floor balcony.

The breakfast consisted from boiled eggs, 3 types of cereals, toasts with butter and jams, tea or coffee.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
friendinmiramichi, Owner at Econo Lodge Miramichi, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Hello Dianna
I really appreciate your review about your stay in our hotel.
From now on, I will let our housekeeping staffs circulate fresh air more often for the rooms.
I am really happy because I think you enjoyed your stay with us comfortably.
In fact, we changed almost all the TVs in the rooms only two month ago.
In addition, we will change comforters, shams and sheets of all the beds in early September.
This change will give you much more comfortableness.
I hope see you again soon.