“Was Stolen From” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Miramichi
Hoyt
“Was Stolen From”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2009

I stayed here one night to attend a wedding. Upon checking out, I paid cash, and the receptionist charged my credit card after I left. I wasn't paying attention to the reciept, which doesn't say I paid cash. So pretty much, the Receptionist pocketed over $100 from me and I have no proof. The hotel was extremely difficult to deal with and were also disrepectful. Never stay here if you value your belongings. Thank goodness I had no valuables in my room with Thieves working the front cash

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank Dontstayatlakeview

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2009

My husband had to travel for business for a week, and our son and I packed up and went with him. I work from home, and an internet connection is vital. The internet here kept crashing repeatedly, causing me disgruntled clients and lost income. I complained to the clerk, who was very sympathetic, and stated that they had asked repeatedly for help and the ISP wouldn't come through. The internet connection in the lobby was broken, and not repaired the entire week.
The night we arrived, the pillowcases had not been changed from the previous guests. The hallways all have very dim, 20 watt bulbs, the better to hide the dirt, one assumes. My son and I spent the entire week breaking out in hives - the rooms weren't visibly moldy, but there was enough there to keep us feeling ill.
The staff were all pleasant enough, and some were really nice. But I wouldn't stay here again unless I had no other choice.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Montreal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for business and I had learned from a bad experience at the Lakeview in Bathurst, NB that sheets could be a problem. So as soon as I arrived at my suite, I checked the bathroom and the sheets. The sheets had obviously not been changed. I found hair, chips and sesame seeds in them! I called reception and they gave me another room that was ok. I was travelling with a co-worker and I told her what I had found. She also checked her sheets and found hair as well. I would never stay there again.

• Liked — the bad cleaning outpast them all.
  • Disliked — the cleaning
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
2 Thank Steffie22
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2005

This is a great little hotel with perks the bigger hotels in larger centres would do well to emulate. The rooms are nice, although not all non-smoking. There's 24/7 coffee brewed freshly to order, internet access throughout the hotel for your wireless connection and free movies for your VCR...good stuff! The tapes are new movies and while you need a credit card, nothing shows up on your card if you return it. Staff are pleasant enough...

And as for lobster, wonder 100 m to the Kingsway for the outstanding seafood chowder and lobster club for C$20.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Pengdio
Mississauga, Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2005

A nice quiet hotel if you are a senior. Not much to do. We couldn't find a restaurant in Miramichi that had lobster. This hotel sent us to what they called a "steakhouse." It was pretty much a diner, with wine by the box. Sad menu.

• Stayed August 2005
2 Thank Asis
Fredericton, New Brunswick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2005

The Lakeview Inn & Suites Miramichi is located along the main roadway through Miramichi (formerly known as Newcastle), at 333 King George Hwy.

The standard room I stayed in for one night was spacious, clean, and modern. It came equipped with 2 cable/satellite colour TVs, AM/FM/alarm clock, microwave, coffee maker, dining table, sink, honour pay bar, hairdryer, soap and shampoo, an iron and ironing board, and free parking. There's an ice machine on the second floor.

There was also a VCR, and there are free VHS tape movies you can choose from in the front lobby. There is a charge for certain movies, but most are free and relatively recent. One TV is in the bedroom, and the VCR+TV are in the dining/livingroom area, which is great if you've got kids.

They also have free local telephone calls, free 24-hr coffee, tea and cookies, and complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access. In the morning, they have a free continental breakfast starting at 6:00 am, and newspapers. There are no pool or exercise facilities.

I had no problems at check-in, and the front staff was friendly and helpful.

My room for one person, for one weekday night, came to $83.95 including taxes, which is quite reasonable, I felt.

I would stay there again.

7 Thank Canuck5