“Only good part is proximity to rocks”

Hopewell Rocks Motel and Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hopewell Cape
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Only good part is proximity to rocks”
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Stayed one night to experience the beauty of the surrounding scenery. The motel takes full advantage of their location but unfortunately not in a positive way! The rooms are shoddy for the $140plus , the staff are very unfriendly and the breakfast service (although reasonable cold selection of cereal,yogurt,bagels, toast) showed they have no concept of being environmentally conscious. They have only disposable un recyclable stuff.
The dinner was poor, service ending at 8.30 and no wine or beer to have with "a special lobster supper".
It is obvious that the only way this place survives is due to it's proximity to the rocks.
In a nutshell - disinterested staff,shoddy rooms,expensive and poor restaurant service
relying on it's location.
would not go back to this motel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Polish first
Boston
Reviewed August 4, 2011

It is an average motel but it has a perfection location if you would like to catch the sunrise at the park. I will not stay at this place for more than two nights.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Toronto
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Just returned from spending four nights at the Hopewell Rocks Motel as part of a larger group that reserved months ago for a wedding in the area.
All I can say is that this team of people have no concept of hospitality and the general answer when you asked them for anything was - NO. It became the joke of the group as that was always the expected answer to most things.
Considering they are the only motel within 15 kilometers or more, with a restaurant you would think they would serve a hot breakfast - No. There is nowhere to go for dinner, so you would think they would stay open for dinner later than 8:30 p.m. - NO. It is also nice to have a glass of beer or wine with dinner - but NO they are not licensed and NO you cannot bring your own beer or wine to enjoy. Also, No they do not have telephones in the room so you cannot call anyone and NO you cannot call for a cab or someone to take you for a nice dinner anywhere in the area because NO there is nobody who is around who provides that service.
Lastly, I asked for help with some of my luggage as I was split up by my travelling partner and did not realize I was on the second floor of the motel. The answer was NO, you have to carry it yourself.
Therefore my conclusion is that as much as I loved the scenery of Hopewell Cape, the hospitality in the area leaves alot to be desired and especially at Hopewell Rocks.
I will not be returning anytime soon.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank granddamme

Travelers are raving about these Hopewell Cape hotels

Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Not bad for the price (room continental breakfast pass to the rock)115
Room were nice with a sitting ares outside each room, most staff friendly except for one I belting she was one of the owner

Restaurant a bit pricy for what you get

• Stayed July 2011
Calgary
Reviewed July 11, 2011

This is a motel, NOT a hotel - there is a difference between the two. Such as say a own and paper in the room etc. They are happy to charge a premium of 130 per night foe the convenience of being close to the park, but the place is SEVERELY date. The gift shop is full of trinkets and trash. Stuff you'd see in any touristy place with ZERO originality. I was most disappointed in the restaurant. While the waitresses do their best, the food is disgusting. GREASY! Can you imagine a family restaurant that doesn't offer a basic salad on the menu? Seemed weird to me. I'd say they're a happy enough bunch, but they don't try very hard. I think that it's either due to the fact that they dint have to, or don't have a clue.

• Stayed July 2011
Richmond Hill
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I actually never stayed at the hotel. What I can tell you, is that the restaurant has left a bitterness in me 7 years later. I went in with my wife after an enjoyable day at the rocks. I was blown away at how tiny the portions were. I ordered a lobster roll that literally had a tablespoon of lobster on it. My wife ordered jumbo shrimp , that could not even qualify as a medium size shrimp. they were actually baby shrimp. This is not an exaduration! The funny thing is our waitress disappeared after she dropped the food off and we waited 30 minutes so that we could send it back but she was completely gone. We were talking to other guests who were also floored by the chincy servings and poor service. After waiting 30 minutes with no sign of our waitress, we left. We did not eat the food nor did we pay. I was cheered by some old ladies from Maine who wished they had done the same. i could have accepted if we were acknowledged, but I couldn't help but feel deliberately scammed. We couldn't find another restaurant for about an hour and we were starving. But it was worth it. I am returning to hopewell rocks in 3 weeks. I will scoff at that restaurant. WORST EXPERIENCE -HANDS DOWN- EVER

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Parmagianno
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
Reviewed November 30, 2010

stayed there during out visit to hopewell rocks. we only stayed for a day and a night but enjoyed every second of it. the food was great and the gift shop had everything we needed for gifts to bring home for family and friends.we plan on makeing this a yearly visit as we have family in nova scotia and plan on stopping there on our way through. next year we plan on staying for a few more days so we can fully enjoy all that hopewell has to offer. see you next year
the wood family.

Tantramar Motel
Tantramar Motel
#2 of 2 in Sackville
Delta Hotels by Marriott Beausejour

Been to Hopewell Rocks Motel and Country Inn? Share your experiences!