“It was okay”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Caraquet
PEI
“It was okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

We arrived quite late - after dark. The sign for the hotel near the top if the building wasn't lit up so we nearly went past it. Check in was fine. Breakfast was pretty good. The beds were hard, but I eventually got to sleep. Beautiful artwork and fireplace in the lobby. I wouldn't hurry back, but there wasn't anything horrible about it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
ZBF, General Manager at Super 8 Caraquet, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
We are happy that you found your stay at Super 8 Caraquet "acceptable". We do strive to be the best hotel facilities in which to stay in the Acadian Peninsula and we hope you will give us another chance to show you why we have been the "Pride of Super 8" brand for many years in a row and have earned the 2013 Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence. Please note that the light for our bulding sign has been changed so now all 3 building signs as well as the road side one are all fontioning correctly.

Please do not hesitate to communicate with me directly if you need any assitance next time you are visiting our beautiful area.

506-727-0888

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

When I heard we're staying at a Super 8, I had my doubts. And it proved me wrong. What a lovely hotel in Caraquet, located right next to the ocean. Rooms were great. Continental breakfast provided but I'm personally not a fan of that. Although it did have a very very hot hottub and a fun waterslide with the pool. My group had a lovely stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ZBF, General Manager at Super 8 Caraquet, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments, it true Super 8 Hotel Caraquet is not your usual Super 8 with its wonderful balcony vues of the Bay des Chaleurs and our 80 foot waterslide feature. I like to think we are more of a Super 10 :-).

Again, thank you and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly during your next visit to the Péninsule Acadienne.

Super 8 Hotel Caraquet
NB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel multiple time for business trip. Wireless as always been working on all my laptop. Never had an issue with this. Staff always happy to help. Great breakfast. Bed are not that bad. The view in a sunny morning is worth all the price for sure.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ZBF, General Manager at Super 8 Caraquet, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you! Your comments a very much appreciated. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come back and see us very soon.
On behalf of Super 8 Caraquet Hotel employees and myself I would like to which you and yours a wonderful upcoming holiday season. And if you are in the region in the next few weeks please call us and check out our special holiday rates in December and January.

Again thank you, hope to see you soon

Super 8 Hotel Caraquet
Courtenay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

The Super 8 in Caraquet, NB is super friendly and very clean. Breakfast was good and rooms were very comfortable. Nice to have our own balcony to view the scenery, fishing boats, etc. Would definitely go back there. Be sure to visit the Village de Acadie.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ChristineVI2013
ZBF, General Manager at Super 8 Caraquet, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in one of our many rooms with balcony views. Super 8 Caraquet Hotel is situated in such a beautiful area of the Acadian Peninsula it made sense to have our establishment built with balconies overlooking the Baie des Chaleur and the Caraquet Warf.

The Village Acadien is a must see in our area also, next time you're in town make sure to ask about our special "Acadian Joie de Vivre" package which includes family passed to the Village Acadien.

Again thank you for the great comments and if you need any help planning your next visit to the “Péninsule Acadien”, do not hesitate to contact me directly!

Hotel Super 8 Caraquet
56-727-0888
Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

The staff was very friendly and spoke excellent English. The room was clean and up to date. The TV had both English and French channels and all room literature was in both languages. The breakfast was exactly what one would expect from a continental breakfast.I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review, as I mentioned before in previous replies we are very proud of Super 8 Caraquet and the great service we provide in both official languages. Please know that we use all feedback from our guests as a way to get better and better at what we do. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Please do not hesitate to contact me during your next stay at our hotel and I will be glad to help in any way I can.

Hotel Super 8 Caraquet
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

My reason for my stay in Caraquet was business. As such I chose a Super 8 because I knew it would have wi fi I could depend on - right? Wrong. Their wi fi would not connect with my lap top and of course the inference from Super 8 is that it is MY lap top that is the problem. Right? WRONG. I have used my lap top all over Canada and the US and used it later that day on a community wi fi system. The staff tried to help of course but in the end it was just a shrug of the shoulders and a polite "sorry" - and what else could they be expected to do right? (other than actually get it fixed by contacting whoever looks after their internet).

When I stay at a Super 8 or other big hotel chain I expect the net to work because I really NEED it for my business. The manager contacted me by email - which was nice - but he pointed out everyone else's net was working - the inference being it was just mine. No response as to what they would do to fix the problem (and I wonder if that is because they STILL view it as MY problem?). I expect MORE from Super 8 or any big Hotel chain.

My other complaint is that ALL the brochures in the Restaurants etc were in French only - no English. The welcome from the City in the Hotel "Local Amenities" book was also in French only - which all makes one feel really welcome if you are not a French speaker. So much for tourism dollars helping this struggling area.

The staff were friendly and the Hotel is in a great location - and maybe - just maybe - YOUR laptop will work. The Manager deserves 10 points for contacting me - shows he cares - but in the end I am just left feeling "Ah well it is your lap top - not our fault - every one else's was fine".

Room Tip: Pick a room with a view of the little harbor if possible
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ZBF, General Manager at Super 8 Caraquet, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel, as you mentioned, I and my staff do care very much about what happens in our establishment and are very conscientious of the services we provide to our guests, this is why I contacted you as soon as I heard you had the trouble you had with the internet connection.
I would like to apologize again for the inconvenience this incident might have caused you. I would want to make something very clear that it was never our intention to make you feel that you, our guest, were at fault in this matter or that there was something wrong with your computer. As I mentioned in the e-mail I sent “we do advertise that we have free internet available in our hotel but as you probably know technology can sometimes be a bit tricky”, We actually had our IT technician check out our Internet network and at first glance everything looked to be working properly as our font desk and the guest work station that we provided for you was working properly on this same network, it was mentioned however that once and a while some computers have some security configurations that may prevent them to connect to our network, this would explain why you could not connect to our Internet network during your stay. I assure you that I will personally keep a close eye on this issue in the future and if you are in town for business again I will be happy to check out your computer configurations along with our IT specialist and make sure everything will be in perfect working order for your next stay with us.
You are correct about the Restaurant menus, these are provided to us by our surrounding local restaurants and some of them are in French but rest assured if you go to these establishments you will be provided not only with great food but with great service in BOTH OFFICIAL LANGUAGES. Mind you we do have a bit of a French accent when speaking English, but some people do find this charming as this is part of our Acadian Culture and what tourists expect when visiting our beautiful region. The Acadian Peninsula is known to be a very welcoming place this comes natural to us as Acadians and please be certain that all tourists, for business or pleasure are very much welcome whether they speak English, French or any other language.
Please be advised that our “Local Amenities” book in each room is provided in English and French, you just need to look at the other side of the pages, as there is one side is in French and the other in English.
Again thank you for the feedback and very sorry about the inconvenience, please don’t hesitate to contact me next time you are in town and I will personally make sure your next stay lives up to your expectations.
506-727-0888
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caraquet
Auberge de la Baie
Hotel Chateau Albert
Hotel Chateau Albert
#4 of 7 in Caraquet
Villegiature Deux Rivieres Resort
Villegiature Deux Rivieres Resor...
#1 of 1 in Tracadie-Sheila
Gite L'Isle-du-Randonneur B&B
La maison touristique Dugas

Been to Super 8 Caraquet? Share your experiences!