“Just lovely!”
Review of Jocie's Porch

Jocie's Porch
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Description: Tucked back off the road along Friar's Bay, is a quaint building with a steel roof, and cedar shakes as siding. Also an inviting 70 foot long front porch with swings, Adirondack chairs, and flowers. From the porch you can enjoy sea life such as Whales, Seals, Gulls, Ducks, and other sea creatures. Relax and enjoy your stay, grab a puzzle or one of our many board games. Browse our Book Exchange, maybe you will find that special read you have been looking for.
“Just lovely!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

This new coffee shop is just lovely. The owners are from the Island and I believe they are onto something great, with this delicious coffee shop. Very relaxing, nice for children thru great grandparents! Porches, couches, Internet and coffee and a chatty new owner, What else does anyone need!

• Visited August 2013
Robert C, Owner at Jocie's Porch, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Your too kind. I am glad you enjoyed my shop.

New York, USA
“You'll be drawn in by the smell of fresh-roasting coffee....”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

And you'll stay because of the fine coffees, teas, the charming ambiance and the passion of the young owner. On-site bake shop to come. Would recommend to owner that he consider serving sandwiches, salads and other light foods. Just a two-minute drive from the FDR site.

Robert C, Owner at Jocie's Porch, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Sandwiches and other small snacks are being considered. As well as a Soup of the day. I hope to also have a Gluten free choice, as well as a Sugar free choice as well for those who need. I'm glad you enjoyed my shop!
canada
“Fresh Roast Coffee - and you see it happening”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This new café is Excellent. The people are wonderful, the coffee is excellent (regular, cappuccino, latte, espresso etc,) as well as many kinds of teas. Comfortable couches, outside chairs and swings with a view of the ocean, WiFi, puzzles, books, games, and soon entertainment. Most importantly you can see the beans being roasted - fresh roast is really fresh roast. DO NOT MISS THIS!

Robert C, Owner at Jocie's Porch, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
I do my best to always keep a fresh product going, this is sometimes inconvenient for me if I am not careful. Its always worth it though when people can see the process happen from start to finish.
Eddington, Maine
“Best latte ever!!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Just happen to drive by late afternoon, to see the Island when we were staying in Lubec and
needed a coffee. The owner, Robert, said he just opened and just had drinks, no food.
Ordered a latte and it was without exception the best latte I ever had, even better then the
coffee in France. No bitterness, just pure delight!
Had to make a special trip in the next morning and got a pound of his Dark Brazilian beans,
he roasts them himself. Just got home and had to make a pot right away and was amazed how
good it was in my coffee maker.
Worth the drive! Owner is pleasant and excited about thier new venture. Hope he gets some food soon.
Will be back, great Island, great friendly folks.

4 Thank Redeemed123
Robert C, Owner at Jocie's Porch, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
It all starts with a Fresh product. I'm glad you enjoyed Jocie's Porch.
East Haddam, Connecticut
“Best coffee North of Portland!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Our family has a home on Campobello Island, New Brunswick, Canada. On a recent visit, my husband and I were surprised to hear a new coffee shop was opening at Friar's Bay (a scenic spot on the island). The coffee shop (formally a gift shop) has been renovated and has elegant seating inside. The view, from Jocie's Porch, is of Friar's Bay and Eastport, Maine. The porch is certainly a great spot to sit as well, on your choice of rocker swing or Adirondack chair, to enjoy a marvelous cup of coffee. The magic doesn't stop at coffee and great views though, the owner also roasts his own beans and makes a mean cappuccino and other options such as ice coffee and flavored lattes!

We tried many of Bob's coffee drinks and there wasn't one I didn't like. I thought the last stop to get coffee like this was in Portland, Maine, but I was wrong! Jocie's is a great place to get java, chat it up with locals, meet a new friend, soak in the views and get a potential bean roasting lesson from Bob himself! (or to pick up beans he kindly roasted specifically for you)

I can't wait until our next visit to see what else he has planned for this amazing cafe!

4 Thank kinny n
Robert C, Owner at Jocie's Porch, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
I'm very happy to have met your expectations. I enjoyed our chats, and appreciate your encouragement. I look forward to your return visit.