“Best coffee North of Portland!”
Review of Jocie's Porch

Jocie's Porch
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Description: Tucked back off the road along Friar's Bay, is a quaint building with a steel roof, and cedar shakes as siding. Also an inviting 70 foot long front porch with swings, Adirondack chairs, and flowers. From the porch you can enjoy sea life such as Whales, Seals, Gulls, Ducks, and other sea creatures. Relax and enjoy your stay, grab a puzzle or one of our many board games. Browse our Book Exchange, maybe you will find that special read you have been looking for.
East Haddam, Connecticut
“Best coffee North of Portland!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Our family has a home on Campobello Island, New Brunswick, Canada. On a recent visit, my husband and I were surprised to hear a new coffee shop was opening at Friar's Bay (a scenic spot on the island). The coffee shop (formally a gift shop) has been renovated and has elegant seating inside. The view, from Jocie's Porch, is of Friar's Bay and Eastport, Maine. The porch is certainly a great spot to sit as well, on your choice of rocker swing or Adirondack chair, to enjoy a marvelous cup of coffee. The magic doesn't stop at coffee and great views though, the owner also roasts his own beans and makes a mean cappuccino and other options such as ice coffee and flavored lattes!

We tried many of Bob's coffee drinks and there wasn't one I didn't like. I thought the last stop to get coffee like this was in Portland, Maine, but I was wrong! Jocie's is a great place to get java, chat it up with locals, meet a new friend, soak in the views and get a potential bean roasting lesson from Bob himself! (or to pick up beans he kindly roasted specifically for you)

I can't wait until our next visit to see what else he has planned for this amazing cafe!

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank kinny n
Robert C, Owner at Jocie's Porch, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
I'm very happy to have met your expectations. I enjoyed our chats, and appreciate your encouragement. I look forward to your return visit.