Efficiently managed by Doug who made us feel welcome. The chalets are not too close together and the deck has a good picnic table where we enjoyed the freshly cooked lobster from the Alma lobster shop. The fishing village of Alma is about 5 minutes' drive away and there it is possible to buy bread and other provisions for basic self catering needs. Additionally there are several restaurants in the village. We enjoyed our stay in the chalet because we are hikers and it was only a short drive to all of the many hikes that could be enjoyed within the park. Doug apologised about the cloudy weather which meant that we could not enjoy the views that everyone raves about. However, at least it was mainly dry during the day. A good place to stay if not wanting 5 star luxury but simple, clean, fresh accomodation inside a forested national park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fundy Highlands has 20 motel efficiency studios and 24 cozy little chalets spread across 18 acres of natural mountainside overlooking the renowned Bay of Fundy, home to the highest tides in the world. Dog-friendly units are subject to availability (charges apply). Most guest units can accommodate up to four guests, and all have free wireless high speed Internet, a private washroom and well equipped kitchenette (stove top, small fridge, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, cookware and tableware). A magnificent panorama of the Bay of Fundy is open to you from the motel and many of the chalets. We offer various accommodations to suit your stay. Bed-sitting chalets (open concept) : two double beds. One-bedroom chalets : queen bed and futon. Motel-studios : double bed, twin bunk(s), and motel includes satellite TV. Our accommodations provide peace and quiet in a relaxing natural setting.Come discover the wonder of Fundy. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Fundy Highlands Inn And Chalets Hotel Alma
- Fundy Highlands Hotel And Chalets
- Fundy Highlands Alma
- Fundy Highlands Motel & Chalets Alma, New Brunswick