The cabin we used was timber lined and very comfortable with a lot of homely, cosy atmosphere. The chalets were built in the 1950s but have been really well maintained. Likewise the motel suites which are somewhat larger. The kitchen was small but had good equipment. Unfortunately we could only stay for one night here and missed the opportunity to use any of the longer trails and park, which still had a large amount of snow (early May). The nearest town, Alma, does not have much to offer in fresh food except seafood which is excellent through a couple of fisheries. The lobster is excellent and scallops the best we had on the coast. The owners of the resort are very enthusiastic and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fundy Highlands has 20 motel efficiency studios and 24 cozy little chalets spread across 18 acres of natural mountainside overlooking the renowned Bay of Fundy, home to the highest tides in the world. Dog-friendly units are subject to availability (charges apply). Most guest units can accommodate up to four guests, and all have free wireless high speed Internet, a private washroom and well equipped kitchenette (stove top, small fridge, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, cookware and tableware). A magnificent panorama of the Bay of Fundy is open to you from the motel and many of the chalets. We offer various accommodations to suit your stay. Bed-sitting chalets (open concept) : two double beds. One-bedroom chalets : queen bed and futon. Motel-studios : double bed, twin bunk(s), and motel includes satellite TV. Our accommodations provide peace and quiet in a relaxing natural setting.Come discover the wonder of Fundy. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Fundy Highlands Inn And Chalets Hotel Alma
- Fundy Highlands Hotel And Chalets
- Fundy Highlands Alma
- Fundy Highlands Motel & Chalets Alma, New Brunswick