“Accidental surprise”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stopped here on a whim because we were hungry and it was right on the main road. However, the food was great! It was very fresh, reasonable and lots of flavor. Service was good too.

There are newer reviews for Alma Boathouse

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Probably one of the best hamburger platters I have ever had! Everything tasted perfect. The quality of the food is excellent. Will be back many times.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We visited on a rainy weekday in July 2014 for lunch. When asked for the best locally caught seafood, the waitress recommended the scallops. As someone from a "foodie" town (Charleston, SC), we both found the scallops to be the BEST we ever had!! The rhubarb pie that we had for desert was no less excellent. With a couple of beers, our lunch was under $60. Do not deny yourself this indulgence!

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

I do not usually write bad reviews , but this one just really ticked me off yesterday when we were there.

The reason that my family and I dined there is because it is right across where we stayed and they were ads that states that they have the best food, so we gave it a try.

We waited for a long time for our food to be served and when we asked the waitress she seems not to care at all. My boyfriend's dad asked for the salad right away as an appetiser and she even planned to serve it all together ( really)

We asked another waitress who is also rude about this our food and gave us a dirty look , she seems racist to be honest ( I hope I am wrong )

We ended up , giving a tip worth .59 cents ( for the fun of it) as a revenge and their faces looks distraught. B the way tips are based on the level of service received by the guest and it is not mandatory.

Regardless of the awful service , the fried clams and the poutine even the burger are delicious . The food is just amazing , and it left me speechless. Still it took them time , it was just much of a wait

1  Thank sandydessert
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Traveled to many towns in the Maritimes trying the seafood chowders. NONE compared to this one, absolutely the best!!!

1  Thank Thom0912