“Terrific experience!”

FreshAir Adventure Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 8 things to do in Alma
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: We would like to share with you our dramatic coastline with cliffs plunging to the Bay, sea caves and hidden beaches swallowed twice daily by the cycle of the tides - the highest in the world. This is the Bay of Fundy - a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. All sea kayak tours meet at our historic 160 year old kayaking centre, located on the Alma estuary. Just across the estuary is Fundy National Park. For an unique Atlantic Canada sea kayaking experience, join us on one of our adventures - kayak the world's highest tides, contemplate the power of a well placed Moon.
Newburyport, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Terrific experience!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My spouse and I participated in a half-day kayaking trip on July 30, 2013. Our group was small, only seven of us in all, with two guides, so we had a peak experience. We hadn't kayaked in over 10 years so were concerned about being the "slow-pokes" but this was an all-inclusive, all-levels, family-friendly experience, so we felt very comfortable. Kayaking Bay of Fundy on outgoing tide was truly an exceptional morning full of fun, with knowledgeable, enthusiastic young guides. They even provided a healthy snack and fascinating historical trivia when we stopped for a rest. They were terrific with the children in the group, as well as us "older" folks! We heartily recommend this outfit and this location.

1 Thank spinchacha

Kitchener, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Fundy experience!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I did the half day low to high tide trip in early August. It was a memorable experience that we will never forget! The guides were excellent, very personable and very experienced. We started the morning with dry land training and safety so we felt very prepared when we left on the water.

We saw beautiful scenery, had a challenging paddle and a nice snack to break up the trip.

Would highly recommend this company for anyone visiting the bay of fundy.

We would recommend the morning paddle as the wind seems to pick up in the afternoon.

The company is also located in this quaint small town that is worth taking in a lobster lunch at one of the local restaurants.

Visited August 2013
Erie, PA
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Upbeat hard-working guides”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I went out with FreshAir on a half-day trip in July while my family hiked and I rested my sore knees. I got to row a single-person kayak, and it was a real pleasure to ride a good kayak with a rudder, as I had only been on a junk kayak on a lake before. The 3 guides were especially pleasant, bilingual which was great for our French and English speaking group. Very hard-working, and they had to be, because of the group of beautiful forever people that arrived late, refused to paddle, went into hysterics on the water, and basically monopolized the guides. By the end of the trip, all three guides were pulling kayaks like barges for the resting bf people. This was frustrating for me and others, as we were always waiting for this crew to catch up and we really would have liked more ocean time. If I were to go again, I would try to go on the full-day excursion and maybe get more ocean time with like-minded adventurers.

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Highly recommend them!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I've never kayaked before and sea kayaking was something I really wanted to try. Really happy that I chose the Bay of Fundy to try it out and even moreso, Fresh Air Adventures! I didn't do much researching, in fact I booked the trip the day before I went out. Really friendly, organised and accommodating. We had a particularly large group - many of whom had kayaked and many who had not and I don't think there was any disappointed participants. They dry run instructions were excellent, I was able to keep up with the rest of group despite having no prior experience. All 4 guides were really professional, helpful and overall terrific! I had an excellent experience and would recommend them without hesitation.

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Really friendly guides”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Wow these guys work hard! They're always on the ocean taking people out on the Bay of Fundy and helping them discover the marine perspective of Fundy National Park.

They brought us to some great sights, prepared an incredible snack (sticky buns YUM!), and shared some interesting stories.

I was slightly disappointed that we had to be in tandem kayaks for our trip, which apparently doesn't happen all the time, but because of the rough seas it made sense. The guides did a good job of accommodating different skill levels but I wish I had asked ahead of time if there were different options for people who were more fit than other participants.

Overall our guides Dustin and Mike were incredible guides and definitely made us feel welcome and safe.