“Good food, nice view”
Review of Tides Restaurant

Tides Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 13 Restaurants in Alma
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Good food, nice view”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stopped here for lunch while driving the Fundy Trail. The seafood chowder was excellent – filled mostly with seafood (and no potatoes) and what broth there was had just the right consistency. The restaurant is in a very convenient location about midway on the Fundy Trail, and just east of the Fundy National Park entrance. The restaurant itself offers a nice view of the bay from the dining room

Enfield, Connecticut
“Disappointing meal”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stopped here last week on our way out of the Fundy National park. We were drawn to the restaurant for the view. We were seated quickly and had a very nice water view from our table. That is where the happiness ended. I ordered a glass of Sauvignon Blanc and was told that it was only served by the bottle. So I said I will have a glass of Pino Grigio. The waitress came back and said they were out of Pino Grigio by the glass. It was only available by the bottle. Very poor for a restaurant to run out of wine by the glass. Sounded to me like a ploy to get people to buy a bottle. Then came the ordering of our meal. The waitress was very unsure of herself in the night's specials and what came with each meal. My husband ordered one of the specials anyway. When our meals finally came to the table, the waitress had put in the wrong special for him. So I was eating without my husband. He had to wait while they redid his meal. I ordered the Halibut. My fish had bones that I had to eat around. Never having had it before I am not sure if this was normal, but it was very dangerous. It was a unmemorable meal at best. When my husband meal came out the second time it was not a meal worthy of being the nights special. While the waitress did apologize for her mistake, she did not offer anything in return for her error. My husband also had ordered a bowl of the awarding winning chowder. He did not believe there was anything award-winning about it.

• Visited July 2014
Sackville, New Brunswick, Canada
“The great view of the tide isn't enough!”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We visited Tides after seeing Hopewell Rocks at low tide. There's no question that the view from the restaurant is a great feature. Too bad that the food is no match. We ordered chowder and two appetizers (scallops and calamari). The chowder (labeled as award-winning) was just so-so....nothing to get excited about at all. The appetizers were even more disappointing....6 tiny scallops and probably 3-4 oz of calamari, both served with bottled thai chilli sauce. All this for almost $60.

If the view matters to you, go to Tides; if you're interested in good food and value for money, try somewhere else in Alma.

Visited July 2014
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
“Resaonable meal”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Arrived just as a large party was being served dessert. Very noisy, Once they'd all left we had an enjoyable meal. Not over priced and good quality.

Quispamsis, Canada
“Incredible”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We had the seafood linguine.... White sauce was made to order!!! Incredible service and incredible food. Honestly. I tipped my hat to the chef, what a masterpiece!!