“recommended”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Pluses: beautiful view, outdoor dining available, freshly baked crusty rolls, friendly service. We both enjoyed our main dishes. I had the Tides pasta, linguini with a very garlicky seafood sauce (mussels, shrimp, salmon, scallops). Yummy!
Minuses: the view wouldn't be so good at low tide - just mud flats. The spinach salad had crispy cheese tidbits on it which didn't meld well with the oranges and sweet dressing.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Really glad we ended up here. There are only a few places in town and being "off season" the lobster shack places were closed. We were in jeans and sweatshirts and almost did not go in-everyone else was dressed the same. Very nice view of the bay. They were swamped, so we sat for a bit waiting to order, and they ran out of rice. They were not prepared for the number of people they had that night yet the food did not suffer. Had the Thai PEI mussels. I judge mussels as much by the mussels as by the broth they are in. OMG I was drinking the broth with a spoon to get every last bit up. It did not come with crusty bread (which I like to have) but honestly they were so good I didn't need it. Friend has Sambuca scallops-the chef won an award for them. Apparently they were delicious, but sadly I am allergic to scallops and could not try them. Most items had scallops so I ended up ordering the lobster stuffed chicken. It was very good. Nice moist chicken breast rolled and breaded with a fair amount of lobster mixed with cream cheese scallions and leeks. Came with a baked potato, coleslaw, and a wonder mixed veggie of baby corn, carrot slices, beans, that had been grilled and perfectly seasoned. There was a good mix of seafood and meat dishes. Did not have room for dessert which was sad considering how delicious the desserts looked (they brought a platter of them out to show you). I did not eat any where else in town to compare, but I would certainly go there again.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Tries to hard to be fine dining but doesn't measure up. I ordered baby clam pasta - clams, pasta, tomatoes, parsley. I was served a plate of sticky, brownish pasta loaded with raw scallions. It had large chunks of garlic stuck in congealed mozzarella. The dish was so garlicky I couldn't taste anything else. I can only guess that the cook is a heavy smoker and cannot taste the food. My husband's sautéed scallops were passable but the veggies were over seasoned with pepper. As he said, good resastaurants don't serve their butter in little plastic serving packs.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We had several people in our party and everyone enjoyed our meal. The lobster dip was to die for. I had the scallops and they were so tasty. Everyone thought their food was absolutely fabulous. We didn't have dessert but they all looked so good. The service was outstanding and we couldn't have picked a better place to eat (or stay for that matter!).

Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

We went to the outdoor cafe for lunch and the waiter Chris, was outstanding. He was pleasant, funny and attentive. All tables were full and he hustled from table to table, keeping up with all. I had the lobster roll, very good. Husband had fried chicken, Chris told him it would be 20 minutes, setting expectations.

we got a dinner menu, and after reading trip advisor, went to the formal dining room for dinner. I had the special which wss lobster, shrimp and scallops stir fried with pineapple over rice. Husband had seafood pie. Both were very good. our server Jaime, was informed and attentive.

After dinner, we strolled the beach and dock areas, checking out the lobster beats sitting on the sea bottom. then had ice cream from the ice cream stand. One place met all of our needs while in Alma.