“take home supper”

Ranked #8 of 15 Restaurants in Alma
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We picked out four lobsters and mussels and brought them back to the cabin - our cabin had a full kitchen, so we had an at-home lobster and mussel dinner....it was great, and you can't beat the prices.

There are newer reviews for Harbour View Market & Restaurant

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Most delicious dessert! I had the blueberry cobbler with ice cream and it was so good. I loved to small town of Alma. Passed through twice. Asked a local where to eat and she recommended the Harbour View Market. We were a bit unsure as it was located in a small store but seeing all the locals inside let me know we were on to something. The menu had a lot of choices. The fish and chips was only okay. My friend had a delicious sandwich with scrambled eggs and ham on whole wheat that I highly recommend. And from the second I sat down I had my eye on the blueberry cobbler and it was incredible.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

There aren't many options for dining in Alma. That being said - this is a delish spot. We had supper and breakfast here. Great prices and portions. I had the homemade soup and my husband the chowder - they were meals on their own. Breakfast was quick and cheap - good ol' diner style. We had supper at a restaurant across the road - it was twice the price, didn't compare in portion size and the service was awful compared to here.

1  Thank dubshan22
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I have eaten here several times and have always enjoyed my meal. Service is friendly and quick and the food is great!

1  Thank dorisw835
Reviewed August 30, 2012

A combination grocery store / Restaurant is not where you would expect to have INCREDIBLE sea food chowder, but that is what you will find. This could be the best chowder I have ever eaten, as good as or maybe even better than moms ( sorry mom) The service is fast and friendly, the price of the seafood chowder is reasonable, considering how much seafood is in your bowl. It is packed full of lobster, clams, shrimp, white fish and is in a scrumptious white cream broth. There are potatoes in there too and some onions. It is really delicious. Don't make the mistake I made and order just a cup, go for the bowl.
5 mmm's out of 5 for the chowder