“Great Stay”

Lakeview Resort & Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gimli
“Great Stay”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We had a great stay. We were here for one night. Clean and friendly. We stayed before and decided to visit again. Next visit we will try one of the suites. Beds were comfortable. Enjoyed the amenities. Will visit again.

1 Thank Busybee6974 N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We were only there for one night for a retirement event but the event food was great, the room was very comfortable, and watching the sun come up over lake Winnipeg at breakfast was breathtaking! Almost made up for the fact it was January!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We were looking forward to staying at an RCI facility, having stayed at them extensively over the last 20 years and were disappointed to find that the accommodations were certainly lesss than the RCI Standard. Granted, we were in the hotel part of the facility, having been unable to secure a time share unit, but what we were in reflects vey poorly on the overall establishment.

2 Thank Alan W
mlazer, General Manager at Lakeview Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you Alan, for taking the time to let me know of your disappointment when you were here in January.
It was unfortunate that you were not able to secure an RCI time share unit, and that you felt the Deluxe suite was not up to standards.
We have been doing some updating/renovations on the carpets, paint and furniture for example so I am curious as to your comment about 'reflecting poorly on the establishment'.
If you wouldn't mind responding to my email, I would like to know where we fell short so that we can better accomodate future guests and hopefully yourself at another time.
Again thank you for your time, and I do hope that you contact me as I would like to resolve this issue with you.

Michael Lazer
mlazer@lakeviewresorts.com
204-642-8565 ext.2
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I decided to take my wife out for the Sweetheart deal getaway to Lakeview Hotel for our anniversary celebration. We were both pleasantly surprised by the quality of food and service at the Gull Restaurant. Great value, with dinner, breakfast and accomodations for only $125.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Selkirk
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Thanks to Gimli for another wonderful stay, I'v stayed many time@the lake view in Gimli. Each and every time I'v stay, I;v always been happy with the way the staff took take of all our needs. Plus the hotel is always clean and the food is awesome

Landmark
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

My son and I were in Gimli for a hockey tournament Jan 17-19. I know these hockey events make hotels nervous sometimes, but what a great way to fill your hotel in the off season. We had a nice suite, but could tell that either it had been not used for some time or just not cleaned that well. Walked in to dust bunnies at the front door, some long hair on the bathroom floor and the bathroom counter that may have been wiped but not cleaned. The timing of our games prompted me to ask for a later checkout and the answer was no! You could expect on a tournament weekend this might happen to a few teams and adjust your cleaning staff accordingly. I have never stayed at a hotel that is quite as anal about the checkout time which is 11. 11:02 we got back to our room to gather our things and the key didn't work, so had to go to the front desk and get a new one and back with cleaning staff because I didn't have id. I'm getting my stuff down to the vehicle and come back for another load and the front desk calls and asks if I'm checking out and if I realize it was at 11 and it is past that time already...not impressed one bit with the attitude I got! If all Lakeview hotels operate that way I will stay clear in the future.

Stayed January 2014
Dear Ken,
Thank you for taking the time to let me how you felt about your recent stay with us.
My apologies to you and your family.
I am sorry about the cleanliness of the suite and I have shared your comments with the Housekeeping staff to ensure that all of the rooms are clean, tidy and sanitized prior to our guests' arrival.
As to not making some sort of accomodation for your team, I have no good reason why we did not find a solution that could have helped you out on the Sunday and I apologize.
I have pointed this out to other team members as well so that we do not lose sight of why we are here.
Again I would like to thank you for your time and your comments, and you have my apologies. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Michael Lazer
mlazer@lakeviewresorts.com
204-642-8565 ext.2
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Previously, we had only stated at the resort in the summer, but booked a winter getaway in Gimli and were pleased at the consistency no matter the season. Friendly staff, clean room with some recent upgrades and as always were made to feel welcome.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Lakeview Resort & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!