“Awesome”

and 1 more site!
Lakeview Resort & Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gimli
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Thanks to Gimli for another wonderful stay, I'v stayed many time@the lake view in Gimli. Each and every time I'v stay, I;v always been happy with the way the staff took take of all our needs. Plus the hotel is always clean and the food is awesome

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

My son and I were in Gimli for a hockey tournament Jan 17-19. I know these hockey events make hotels nervous sometimes, but what a great way to fill your hotel in the off season. We had a nice suite, but could tell that either it had been not used for some time or just not cleaned that well. Walked in to dust bunnies at the front door, some long hair on the bathroom floor and the bathroom counter that may have been wiped but not cleaned. The timing of our games prompted me to ask for a later checkout and the answer was no! You could expect on a tournament weekend this might happen to a few teams and adjust your cleaning staff accordingly. I have never stayed at a hotel that is quite as anal about the checkout time which is 11. 11:02 we got back to our room to gather our things and the key didn't work, so had to go to the front desk and get a new one and back with cleaning staff because I didn't have id. I'm getting my stuff down to the vehicle and come back for another load and the front desk calls and asks if I'm checking out and if I realize it was at 11 and it is past that time already...not impressed one bit with the attitude I got! If all Lakeview hotels operate that way I will stay clear in the future.

Stayed: January 2014
mlazer, General Manager at Lakeview Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Ken,
Thank you for taking the time to let me how you felt about your recent stay with us.
My apologies to you and your family.
I am sorry about the cleanliness of the suite and I have shared your comments with the Housekeeping staff to ensure that all of the rooms are clean, tidy and sanitized prior to our guests' arrival.
As to not making some sort of accomodation for your team, I have no good reason why we did not find a solution that could have helped you out on the Sunday and I apologize.
I have pointed this out to other team members as well so that we do not lose sight of why we are here.
Again I would like to thank you for your time and your comments, and you have my apologies. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Michael Lazer
mlazer@lakeviewresorts.com
204-642-8565 ext.2

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Previously, we had only stated at the resort in the summer, but booked a winter getaway in Gimli and were pleased at the consistency no matter the season. Friendly staff, clean room with some recent upgrades and as always were made to feel welcome.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Lakeview Resort is located right on Lake Winnipeg. In summer you can enjoy the beach traffic and in winter the white-out right outside your window. We enjoyed the Suite Deal pkg that included 2 meals a day in the on-site restaurant with lake views. The small town offers walking trails in winter along the pier and the beach. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and will return in the winter again. The resort has shops including a coffee shop on site in addition to the restaurant. The meals provided with the pkg were first class as was the service.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2014

it was a great place to stay with everything all in one building, there was no need to go out side in the cold. There is a great view of the lake from the conference room. Staff was very friendly and polite.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The king suite is awesome. The meal at the wedding was excellent! The experience was great, and the staff are working their hardest to satisfy the customer; however, more staff are needed to make things run more efficient.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We had wante to go to the Hecla Lakeview but it was booked so went to the Gimli Lakeview instead for a one night New Years getaway. The Seagulls restaurant seems very small and even though we had a reservation we could not be seated in the restaurant. This restaurant needs to be able to seat more people.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Lakeview Resort & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!