“Good food, poor uninterested service”

Beach Boy Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Gimli
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Last week we visited Gimli and had lunch at a highly rated restaurant on one of the streets parallel to the beach. We decided to eat inside as it was rather windy on the screened porch. The decor was plain but pleasant. Our order of gyros was taken smartly by a teen age waitress and was brought to our table in a few minutes. We had ordered a coffee and a glass of water. When the water did not appear I asked the waitress if I could have the water I asked for. She replied cheekily that I could get it, it was behind me. In turning around I saw a water bottles and glasses. Naturally I had not noticed it on sitting down. Instead of her offering to get it for me I was forced to get up and serve myself. It is not always easy to do this being an 80 plus year old. Her attitude rather spoiled the meal although the gyros were O.K.

2  Thank rhosiola

Reviewed July 29, 2012

This restaurant has a nice, airy seating area and offers friendly service. The food is great and some wonderful fresh baked desserts and pies were available.

1  Thank Myfirstdogarno
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Fantastic food, no matter what we've tried.. especially love the pickerel dinners and the gyros!
Very hard working, attentive staff, always busy, but never a long wait. We are never disappointed here!

1  Thank twogoldens57
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My wife son and I were in Gimli on a very hot and crowded day. We had been to Beach boy before and decided it was the best place. Despite being very crowded and the staff overworked, we were able to find a table on the patio bery quickly. Ordering is done at the counter and the servers deliver to your table. The portions were very generous and the food arrived hot and tasty. My wife had the pickeral (walleye) dinner which included lemon roasted potatoes and Greek Salad. I chose the double cheese burger with (Amazing) fries and my son had the chicken burger. Despite the crowds, the staff was very quick and courteous.

I have no complaints about the restaurant but some of the guests were really not nice. A table of three sat for close to half an hour AFTER their dishes were cleared away and just chatted as if there was no one waiting. Come on people - show some consideration for others!

1  Thank Catbertwpg
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Beach Boy is a must when we have visitors here in Gimli. Gimli is known as a fishing village and Beach Boy has the best in town! The owners are Greek and have infused their pickerel dinners with a touch of their culture. Lemon potatoes and the Greek salad are a great accompaniment to the perfectly fried pickerel. We love the chicken gyros and home made fries, too! Sit out in the screen porch to eat and watch the town go by! What could be better!

2  Thank Joanne12397