“atmosphere and fine food”
Review of Steeples Restaurant - CLOSED

Steeples Restaurant
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

steeples is an old church that has been transfered into a cozy restaurant in the lake town of shawnigan lake b.c.restaurant offers great lunch menu and fine evening dining.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I have been to the restaurant 3 times. The most recent time was for my birthday dinner with my husband... the food is amazing and the servers are great too!! They have some good dinner specials on right now so makes it affordable for the quality.. must go!

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Steeples used to be consistently good but lately there have been some issues with my experiences. I ordered a bowl of chowder, for example, and it was basicallly a bowl of milk with a few tiny clam pieces. One meal I ordered didn't mention on the menu the meat it contained and I am vegetarian. The service is unpredictable. Recently I got my meal 10 minutes after my companions, and it was wrong. I don't eat meatballs!

If I were the owner, I'd forget the cheap menu and make sure I had good, experienced staff who care about the customer.

2  Thank Lorry123_12
Reviewed November 28, 2012

The food is always very good and tasty but portions have gotten very small especially for the high prices.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Wonderful building and location. I was drawn in by the lunch special. Choices were limited and portions small. The mushroom soup was good but the Caesar salad and pumpkin pie were unremarkable. Nice touch with the china teacup. The server was inattentive even though the restaurant did not seem busy. Somewhat disappointed (except by the building...).

1  Thank Kildonan63