“Impeccable!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shawnigan Lake
Woodview Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 10 Shawnigan Lake B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This was our third stay with Vicky and Richard and plan to return many more times. The rooms are perfect - clean, comfortable and private, the food incredible and the company even better! Thank you Vicky, Richard and Owen - see you soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have stayed in many B&Bs. Most have been wonderful, and the food in most has been excellent. However, there is only one that comes close to Woodview. The room was ample in size, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom as good as a home. The breakfasts were great. We had a choice of many dishes (omelets, eggs, french toast [my choice and I was right to choose it] etc.
We were there with other couples, and the owners allowed us to use a lovely room for our cocktails. Canada is very strict about drinking and driving, so the owners drove us to dinner and to an event the next day. We had to leave early to catch the ferry at Victoria, so the owners got up early to allow us time to have breakfast. I would visit Shawnigan Lake just to stay at the Woodview B&B.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter. All the rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank whimseyOregon
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I am going to try to keep this short, but Woodview is the best place I've ever stayed. At the last minute I had to travel alone for a wedding with my infant son, as my husband suddenly had to stay home for business. This was my first time traveling alone with my baby, and we were going out of country. Vicky and Richard made me feel like part of the family, rather than a lost child. Vicky even sewed a baby seat for Gio to use at breakfast!

They are the nicest family, fabulous cooks, and keep clean, updated and comfy guest lodging. You should go to Shawnigan Lake just to stay there!

Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed at Woodview for one night and had a wonderful experience. The facility was clean and well maintained. The proximity to Shawnigan Lake School, Duncan and Cowichan Bay made this an ideal stop.
Of note are the proprietors, Richard and Vicky were superb hosts and could not do enough for us! They provided for our every need and all with great humour and grace.

Room Tip: Sleep with the windows open, we heard an owl in the night time and it was lovely and cool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying with Vicky and Richard for a total of 4 nights last week and am now going back for an additional 4 nights! I can't wait to be welcomed back to their beautiful home and enjoy their gracious hospitallity. They have thought of everything to make their guests comfortable and go well out of their way to help you. I enjoyed being able to make my own coffee in the kitchenette outside my room as I got up so early with the time difference. I liked having a TV in my room to catch up on the news of the day. I liked the spacious closet and chest of drawers to put my clothes away and certainly appreciated that two days in a row I was driven to the family I was visiting on their way out in the morning. I have also taken advantage of Vicky's considerable creative sewing talents to order two baby gifts that were ready so quickly. I am very grateful that I found their B and B on the internet. It has made visiting Shawnigan Lake very special.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the room at the top of the stairs- I believe it was the Clacton.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My family (2 adults and 3 teenagers) just stayed at Woodview Bed and Breakfast with Richard and Vicky for 3 nights and we have a fabulous time. The house is gorgeous, the food fantastic and the hosts marvelous. We were made to feel so welcome and relaxed and Richard and Vicky go out of their way to make your stay perfect. We will definitely go back again and would recommend this place 110%

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We were not sure what to expect as this was our first experience of a B&B in Canada, but we certainly struck lucky with Woodview. Richard and Vicky were extremely welcoming. The place was spotless, we had everything we needed......private bathroom facilities, hair dryer, toiletries, bath robes and a shared kitchenette area equipped with microwave, toaster, tea and coffe making facilities etc etc. The lovely breakfast was prepared by Vicky and Richard in their own kitchen. We could not fault the place........we will certainly be going back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple