“An Amazing Place to Stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shawnigan Lake
Woodview Bed and Breakfast
Toronto, Ontario
“An Amazing Place to Stay!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying with Vicky and Richard for a total of 4 nights last week and am now going back for an additional 4 nights! I can't wait to be welcomed back to their beautiful home and enjoy their gracious hospitallity. They have thought of everything to make their guests comfortable and go well out of their way to help you. I enjoyed being able to make my own coffee in the kitchenette outside my room as I got up so early with the time difference. I liked having a TV in my room to catch up on the news of the day. I liked the spacious closet and chest of drawers to put my clothes away and certainly appreciated that two days in a row I was driven to the family I was visiting on their way out in the morning. I have also taken advantage of Vicky's considerable creative sewing talents to order two baby gifts that were ready so quickly. I am very grateful that I found their B and B on the internet. It has made visiting Shawnigan Lake very special.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the room at the top of the stairs- I believe it was the Clacton.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Shanghai, China
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My family (2 adults and 3 teenagers) just stayed at Woodview Bed and Breakfast with Richard and Vicky for 3 nights and we have a fabulous time. The house is gorgeous, the food fantastic and the hosts marvelous. We were made to feel so welcome and relaxed and Richard and Vicky go out of their way to make your stay perfect. We will definitely go back again and would recommend this place 110%

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Campbell River, Canada
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We were not sure what to expect as this was our first experience of a B&B in Canada, but we certainly struck lucky with Woodview. Richard and Vicky were extremely welcoming. The place was spotless, we had everything we needed......private bathroom facilities, hair dryer, toiletries, bath robes and a shared kitchenette area equipped with microwave, toaster, tea and coffe making facilities etc etc. The lovely breakfast was prepared by Vicky and Richard in their own kitchen. We could not fault the place........we will certainly be going back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed at Woodview for two nights and I had a wonderful time on both! Vicki and Richard were fantastic hosts; gracious, accommodating, and fun. The house is lovely and the surrounding area beautiful. It is clear that they have put countless hours into making this one of the best B'n'B experiences around (probably the best I have ever
had)! Would definitely come back again!

• Stayed August 2013
Banff National Park, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Vicky and Richard are great hosts who are very accommodating to your needs. The house is beautiful and the garden is amazing. Breakfast every morning was delicious and very fresh. We felt right at home here and enjoyed our stay. Would recommend as the best place to stay in Shawnigan Lake!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Woodview for one night and then were joined by our son for a second night. Vicky and Richard were gracious hosts, very knowledgable, organized and helpful. The book of suggested activities complete with maps was handy and much appreciated. We would highly recommend Woodview to anyone, especially couples and families. We hope to return some day!

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Easily the best B&B experience I've ever had, period!
Richard and Vicky were so very hospitable and thoughtful, we felt more like we were visiting long lost relatives than staying under the roof of somebody we just met.
The breakfasts were outstanding, A+! I had a mushroom and cheese omelet on the first morning of our trip that I dare say the rest of our vacation in general had to live up to! The parfait, a regular on the menu, was also too good to be true, with fresh fruit and mint from Vicki's garden.
The beds were comfortable and the rooms very clean, my wife and I are already planning our next trip to Shawnigan Lake so we can stay at the Woodview again. Although we only had 4 days, the impact was so great (thanks to our friendly, multi-talented hosts!) that we arrived back to a hot, humid New York city with the feeling we'd been gone for weeks.
Needless to say, I can not recommend the Woodview in Shawnigan Lake enough, Richard and Vicky truly doubled the pleasure of an already wonderful trip!

• Stayed June 2013
No photo provided
Shawnigan Lake Bed and Breakfast
#8 of 9 in Shawnigan Lake
Oceanfront Suites at Cowichan Bay

Been to Woodview Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!