“Nice ambience, friendly servers, meals pretty good”

Rocking Horse Pub Ltd
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2013

As this is our local, we have gone on quite a few occasions. Sometimes the service is a little slow because there is not enough staff, but they are friendly and when you get your meal, it is usually good. Steak and kidney pie is my husband's favourite, and I like their cranberry feta salad. It's nice when the weather is good and you can sit outside in the garden. The specials are usually good deals and lots of food for your dollar.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

If you are looking for a quiet pub with good food this is the place. After dinner have a pint and play some pool.

The place was great, with good service and a relaxing feel.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I arrived at the pub around 12:30 - no staff in sight anywhere. We sat down at a table and my husband found menus. About 10 minutes later a server swept into rhe dining room, snatched away our menus and told us that the dining room wasn't open and if we wanted to eat we would have to sit in the bar. We left, and had a wonderful lunch at the British Bobby in Parksville, about 5 min up the road. The service was cheerful, the food was great and the young chef came out to check that we were happy with our meals. Talk about night and day!

1  Thank eal11
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We take a ride out to this pub on a regular basis. The hospitality is good and the food very much improved from years ago. Sit outside on the patio in the summer and enjoy the countryside; sit by the fire in the winter and enjoy the coziness.

1  Thank pammcadam
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We vacationed near this restaurant and noticed to great reviews on Tripadvisor. We ate there twice, once on a Sunday when they had their roast beef special and then the following Saturday when they had their prime rib special. Both specials were very good and served with Yorkshire pudding, potato, and vegetables. I give a nod to the prime rib as the roast beef had a bit too much stringy fat in it. My wife had a cosmopolitan that was very good and my mother-in-law said the coffee was excellent. After our meal we had their strawberry-rhubarb pie a la mode. The pie was very tasty and the ice cream was some of the best I've had. The atmosphere of the Rocking Horse is like an English pub. They have a good selection of local and international beers on tap. The service was excellent, timely, and friendly.
Just outside the restaurant is a pasture with several alpacas and a llama. Neat to watch them while we were eating. We'll be sure to visit again when we're in the area.