“Up and down”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Vancouver Island, BC
“Up and down”
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Usually good food, but can take a long time to come. Nice cosy atmosphere around the fire in the winter or outside in the garden in the summer. Good specials, reasonably priced.

Nanaimo, Canada
“crappy service and stale draft!!!”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

never go there ever unless I hear its changed hands and or cleaned up their act!!!!terrible for the Island worst place ever!!!

• Visited October 2011
6 Thank metalbender49
Parksville, Canada
“Bad service!!”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

went there on horseback apparently this was all setup they knew we were coming they have done this before for rders and horses as nice big acreage in the country and we were told no problem we were welcome. After a long ride we finally arrived I was so looking forward to a cold drink and some food I was told haw great this place was. The tables that were suppose to be setup were not there we were also told there was no where for our horses but we could eat on the deck, how do you do that when you have a horse?
We were ignored and not even brought out menu's in fact no one from the pub appeared, I have never been treated so badly at any restaurant before. I was hot and thirsty some riders managed to get food by going in and having someone hold their horse the food took ages to get and frankly didn't look that great. The owner came out once to retrieve her dog glared at me and walked back in.
Second time my brother booked the place for my fathers 91st birthday he was told that children could come if we sat outside behind a hedge? After discussing this arrangement we quickly decided we did not feel welcome there and could not get a straight answer if children were even allowed? We did however have a nice birthday lunch with my Dad at the Sand Pebbles children and all.
Bad experience twice that has done me in to many awesome welcoming restaurants in Qualicum/Parksville to spend my money in.

• Visited August 2011
9 Thank K B
Parksville, Canada
“don't book with this restaurant if you have young children, they are not welcome here !”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

we tried to book a meal for my Father's 91 birthday, and were turned away because his great grandchildren were with us.

Visited August 2011
4 Thank kandahar2
Calgary, Canada
“Great little pub in the countryside”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

We always make a point of going to the Rocking Horse Pub when we are in the area and have never been disappointed. The food is typical pub fare - good portions and nicely presented. The fish and chips is always a good option. But the real reason we go is the atmosphere. The pub is an old farm house which was later converted into a hotel and then a restaurant. Often they have the fireplace going on a rainy day and it's nice to just sit and visit - almost like sitting in your own kitchen, but so much better!!!

• Visited November 2011