“Beautiful Resort on the Ocean”

Pacific Shores Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Nanoose Bay
Nanaimo, Canada
“Beautiful Resort on the Ocean”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We have visited here several times over the past few years. There have been issues with Management and a dispute that has hurt the resort and they have received some poor reviews. I feel that this is one of the true oasis on Vancouver Island and the staff are working harder than ever to overcome some of the issues that have occurred in the past. The units are beautifully appointed and well equipped with views of the water and the trees. It would be difficult to spend time here and come away feeling stressed. Walks along the beach and river side are a must do - oyster and clam digging is available in season and kayaks are available to use. The restaurant on site is fantastic - great food - and not excessively expensive.

Room Tip: Pacific Shores is available as a Time Share as well as hotel. We are on the Time Share side and so...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Qualicum Beach, Canada
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Booked a romantic night out with my husband...got the couples package which included one night stay, a hundred dollar voucher for dinner, and a one hour massage each. At dinner we order our filet minion medium rare for me medium well for my husband....they come out rare and rarest. Then when I inquire about breakfast I find out the restaurant only has breakfast on Sundays...maybe helpful information when I went in in person to inquire about my package! Then I wake up so dry I couldn't swallow but no vending machines to be found! Drive into town and get coffee and breakfast come back, hop in bed at 8 to enjoy breakfast and coffee and the power goes out. Then the fire alarm starts ringing every ten seconds. I try to call front desk but the phone doesn't work. Go there in person and three ladies are at the desk having coffee with each other ( thanks for coming around to let guests know there was a problem!) I explain that I have been listening to this alarm and they say well there's nothing they can do so.... Okay great I have to stick around until 11 for my spa treatment. By 10:15 I'm ready for check out and had enough. I go to check out and let them know how fantastic it was to have this one day away with my husband and getting to enjoy listening to alarms for 2 hours and one lady has the nerve to say "well so have we" Thanks sweetie...but you are paid to be here, I on the other hand have paid $400 dollars to be here but they don't much care when I say that. They make absolutely NO attempt to appease the situation and seem annoyed that I would have the audacity to complain...well guess what, you just pissed off a local not a tourist and I will NEVER come back and I will NEVER recommend you but I WILL tell everyone I meet what a joke you guys consider customer service to be.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank April S

Travelers are raving about these Nanoose Bay hotels

West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed for a week in mid September and booked through Resort Stay Vouchers, which apparently makes you low priority at the resort, even though the resort was less than half occupied. We had a studio dungeon room with less than adequate lighting or ventilation
(no windows to the outside world) felt like you were dark and underground. There were open units all over the resort, but we HAD to be gien a room like that. We had no use of hot tubs, pools or rec center on site, so we were given the consolation prize of some HOT YOGA somewhere downtown....really? While we watched other guests use the pool and other facilities, we were supposed to feel welcome in a sub par room and have no use of the facilities. The reort itself and grounds are beautiful, as were the empty rooms we could see, but ours was a one room unti with no table, a partial kitchen right next to the bed, one wine glass and a partial set of silverware. We loved Vancouver Island but will not return to that resort under any circumstances.

Room Tip: Book through the resort, not a time share...you will be treated like royalty.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank geri m
Ridgefield, Washington, United States
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were very pleased with out 1 bedroom unit in the "tower". We had a nice view of the gardens and the beach, and the unit was very nicely appointed. The landscaping at this resort was absolutely beautiful. We were able to use all the facilities with no problem, and had a complimentary cleaning midweek. The pool and hot tubs are lovely. The personnel at the off site office were extremely helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Would not recommend this place. Nothing worked. 2 out of the 3 hottubs were broken. The sauna was broken. First night there were no towels at the pool. The 2nd night, we got a towel, but they are nothing more than a washcloth sized piece of sandpaper. We had no power in our room when we got there which apparently was normal as I overhead 3 more people at the front desk asking for their power to be turned on. Thought a plane was taking off when I turned the jet tub on. Guess we were suppose to wash the dishes and coffee pot out in the bathroom sink as they were not cleaned or replaced during the day. Will stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bubbaray1296
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Standing on the beach with my sisters, watching all of our kids run around, investigating tide pools and turning over rocks while bald eagles soared overhead and spawning salmon leapt just offshore, I thought "Heck ya!" We normally wimp out and stay somewhere all-inclusive when we do extended family vacations, but this was better in many ways- lots of solitude but also many activities to keep the kids busy (hot and cold pool, playground, kite-flying on the beach, nearby farm visits). We all shared a huge three-bedroom suite, perfect for drinking coffee together in the mornings while the kids run around in their pyjamas. Being able to either cook in the suite or walk to the restaurant was great. Kudos to the super kid-friendly restaurant staff. The locally-sourced menu was delicious, and the floor-to-ceiling aquarium was a huge hit. According to one of us who went, the spa service was really good. Thank you for a wonderful vacation, we will be back!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sofia r
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have not finished my vacation here as of yet however I have no complaints other than the fog which has been here since arriving. I did have a chance to go Kayaking the other evening in the bay when the fog lifted briefly, enjoy the use of all hot pools(indoors and out ) The exercise room has much more equipment than most places I have been to. The gardens are absolutely gorgeous and if you take the trails around the property you can find some of the most beautiful ocean trails. I have been more than happy so far. I will make one note of downfall which is the service in the restaurant, slow at best.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Tigh-Na-Mara Resort
Tigh-Na-Mara Resort
#4 of 13 in Parksville
Sunrise Ridge Waterfront Resort

Been to Pacific Shores Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!