“Without Pier”

Cross street: Mill Bay Road
Shawnigan Lake, Canada
“Without Pier”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Beautifully prepared and presented food. Exceptional care provided for my elderly mother. Highly recommended for a leisurely lunch.

Chemainus, Canada
“Lovely views and great location”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I met some friends for lunch at Bridgemans, and I was pleased with our chosen venue. The location is wonderful, with a water view over the Mill Bay marina and across the northern part of Saanich Inlet. We were seated in a quasi-outdoor area -- it was glassed-in, but with open areas to let the breeze in, and movable sun-shades in the roof. So it was very comfortable.

I chose the salmon burger with onion rings. The onion rings were just the way I like them, and the salmon was wild sockeye, cooked just right (ie. not at all overcooked). So the food was very satisfactory. The price is not the lowest you'll find, but, considering the good food and great atmosphere, it is competitively priced. I'll go again.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Bob J
Victoria, Canada
“Beautiful view, great staff”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Well, I love this place for the view, great staff, great wine list. It has only been open maybe less than a year, not sure of time frame but the food has been lacking. We went last saturday night and my husbands teriyaki steak bowl was dry and the steak at fat on it. Apparently the steak is suppose to beef sirloin but very fatty. I had the burger, not bad. My friend had the ravioli and there was maybe 8 ravioli and its was $16! Need to improve if you want us locals to support you thru the bad winter months.

1 Thank Carrie C
Qualicum Beach, Canada
“Mothers Day”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We met with family for mothers day brunch, we had a lovely meal, the service was great,(even though it was very busy) we have been there once before for lunch on the way back from Victoria. The Bistro has spectacular views. We would recommend this Bistro.

• Visited May 2014
bridgmans b, Networking associate at Bridgemans Bistro, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Thanks for the great review! We're happy we could be a par of your Mother's Day!
Mill Bay, Canada
“Very nice restaurant for two or friends”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Here with friends for lunch. Good atmosphere, friendly, helpful staff. The food was excellent and the salmon in my burger was generous and perfectly cooked. Only comment is the menu says the burgers are all served with fries, salad etc which is true, but you pay extra for them, not included with the burger. I will go back soon. Try and get a window table. The place is always busy, which is another good indication of it's quality.

1 Thank TuckerVictoria
Thanks for the nice review! Glad to hear you enjoyed you visit to Bridgemans. Just to clarify, it does state on our menu that sandwich items are served with fries, but there is a charge to upgrade to our artisan green salad with strawberries and blue cheese, yam fries, Caesar salad, and beer battered onion rings. See you again :)