“Lisa Hill”
Review of Rosebank Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mill Bay
Rosebank Cottages
Reviewed February 6, 2013

A wonderful, relaxing, comfortable treat. Views of Mount Baker, amazing beach, vineyards and a cider house all at my fingertips! Location is key for me. Off the beaten path in a great location. This clean & charming "cottage-like" hotel on the beach provided a great experience and homey feeling. I wasn't looking for a "chain" or skyscrapers, only serenity. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Looking forward to my next trip to Vancouver Island and know I'll be staying there!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lisa H

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I was in Mill Bay to visit family at the school. What I like about Rosebank Cottages is the privacy, and the grounds. The location is great, close to everything, but totally tucked away. I have a total soft spot for the Vancouver Island habitat and the grounds encompass it - green, lots of trees, and a rocky beach. I'm not a fancy traveller, I value location and feel over anything else. I kind of feel like this is the kind of place I would have gone wild over as a kid. I would like to come back when the plum trees are blooming or fruiting, when I can sit on the beach on the sun, and let my son run around.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tippolina
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The kitsch is cute. When you are on the "road trip" and dont want to stay in the Highway Hotel, wishing you could find a cute cabin by the water instead, this is the place. The accomodations are really clean although a little funky. The booking was easy and the atmosphere was very relaxed. The front desk staff member couldnt have been more helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Definitely a place where you can sit back, relax and take in the view.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jay F
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This group of cottages is located in Mill Bay BC and the property itself has wonderful ocean views. However, the cottages haven't been updated in decades. The cabin we stayed in was called a 2 bedroom cottage, but the second bedroom was an addition and it felt like the porch of the cabin. The entrance to the cabin was the old back door, as the front door wasn't reachable safely because of the rotting staircase. They even moved a chair in front of the door to prevent you from using it. The kitchen was totally from the 50's or 60's, fridge and stove were brown and much older than I am. There were spider webs in the rooms, and the television was an old tube TV and must have been over 30 years old. The pictures on their website show cabins much nicer than what we got, so perhaps other cabins on the property have seen some recent updates? The cabin we stayed in was pretty bad. While the room was clean, this place needed updating 30 years ago and now is past retro and just plain old. Considering the price they were charging, my expectations were higher. I would have payed $50 a night and not complained, but at $130 a night, I expected much better.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room and ask to see the room before you pay. I suspect they may have some...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RyanSurrey
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Had effluent come up in the bathtub in the morning - not nice - should have given us our money back, but didn't - waste of money. Old, musky

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Franny7Har
Reviewed July 25, 2011

If you want a retro vacation experience, circa 1950's, at an inflated price, this is the place for you. The cabin was clean and the grounds fairly nice however the price was far higher than this very basic cabin and lack of amenities warranted. The location is very convenient and is just a short walk to Mill Bay shopping centre.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Seawren
Reviewed August 19, 2008

Simple but neat/clean cottages.
We were lucky enough to have the cottage with a direct sea view, and spent three quiet days there.

Convenient location by the sea (+ nearby shops).

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family