“Lovely spot for dinner”

Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Comox
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I once again returned to Martine's for dinner and we throughly enjoyed it. We sat out on the patio which was a great place to enjoy an incredible meal and a good bottle of wine.

There are newer reviews for Martine's Bistro

Reviewed May 25, 2013

This is a fantastic little place. Went there for a family occasion, the service was impeccable and food was spectacular. Not too many tables so it was very comfortable. The servers were very knowledgeable and could explain every dish in detail.
The menu is not large but varied nonetheless. Like so many places, they try to use locally procured ingredients. There were a several table d'hôte or specials and some of us chose those. All of the meal, from appetizers to mains to desserts were timely, very well presented and, most importantly, delicious. This is a gem of a place in a small town.

1  Thank Pete_Coach
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is the best choice when dining in the Comox Valley. The restaurant has a very "home-y" feel to it, plenty of parking and great food.
The service is nice, nothing over the top but again the food is good. Specials are offered daily and there are staple items on the menu as well.
I have been many times and tried many items including the mussels, scallops, salmon, duck, lamb and beef. All well presented and very tasty.
Fine dining is limited in the Comox area but for a nice meal, I would choose Martine's again.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

well.my spouse and I tried this cute little place first time. The waiter, appeared very rushed, and tended to the senior crowd table of twelve rather than, the average table of two. The Seafood dish I ordered had many pieces of shell in it. My spouse meal , the veggies had an odd taste to then. Almost soapy. We have eating in many places around the area . Upper and average rating. But was not impressed with our first experience here. I don't believe we will return.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

'Martine's Bistro is real little jewel in the heart of beautiful Comox! Both times we have eaten there, the service was excellent, warm and friendly, the food outstanding, and the chef came out to meet us. The ambience is lovely, and you can dress up or be casual if you like. All in all an enjoyable experience every time we go. Our friends always have the steak, and we have tried 3 or 4 of the fish dishes and everything was delicious. Price-wise they are competitive with the other good restaurants in the Valley, of which we are lucky to have quite a few!