“Not a good choice” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Martine's Bistro

Martine's Bistro
Ranked #2 of 39 Restaurants in Comox
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Comox, Canada
“Not a good choice”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We are fortunate to have good restaurants in the comox valley. Martians is not one of them being unpredictable in its service and food quality.

Comox, Canada
“This is the place for Dine Around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

My girlfriends and I have been checking out the various Dine Around menus throughout the valley over the last 2 weeks or so and Saturday night was Martine's turn. They are definitely offering the best value for your money in the valley and every dish I tried was delicious. I really loved the Thai curry carrot soup and goat cheese bruschetta starters. The duck leg was awesome, the tuna fantastic and the steak was apparently quite good as well (I didn't get to try any of it but my friend loved it). As for dessert the honey ginger creme brûlée was lovely and definitely my favourite of the two. Service was very good and it was really busy, in fact I would say you should definitely make a reservation if you plan on going as this place was hopping...

Visited February 2013
alberta!
“A dining pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

We went to try the Dine Around menu, and we were not disappointed. Ordered the mango curry fettuccine, and the bacon wrapped filet. Both came with appy's, a poached pear salad and the goats cheese bruschetta. Everything was fresh, well presented and cooked to perfection. We finessed with the ginger creme brûlée and chocolate cake duo - outstanding!!
My only complaint was that they served really ordinary tea - Tetley. They could really kick it up a notch, because after the meal we had, a nice cup of green tea would have been perfect.
Server was friendly and professional - another fine dining choice in the valley.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank mickeeAlberta
“Fantastic dinner!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to Martine's for their special valentine's menu last week and it was quite the treat. We both had the beets with goat cheese to start which i think was probably the best take on a beet salad that i have ever had. For the main course my husband chose the filet mignon which he said was perfectly cooked. I had the duck leg with cassoulet and it was amazing, just so flavourful. The dessert was a sampling of creme brulee and mousse which was a great way to end the meal. Really the whole night was wonderful, despite the restaurant being very busy our server was very friendly and attentive without being intrusive. We will definitely be going back...

3 Thank Marywhiteswan
“Still a Strong Choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Our third trip to Martine's Bistro, and it didn't disappoint. As always the service was very attentive; the décor upscale but understated; the food very good. This is a place we routinely visit on trips to the Comox/Courtenay vicinity and have never been disappointed.
Tonight my wife and indulged in the special Valentine's Day menu. I started with the chowder which was very good...creamy, full of stock and veggie's, great flavor. My wife had a beet/cheese combination drizzled in a balsamic reduction and surrounded by orange slices. The layers of flavor on her appetizer were amazing...sweet, acid, tang, vinegar...amazing.
We both went tenderloin entre with al dente veggies and potatoes. The steak was a little tough, but perfectly seasoned and cooked to order. The mash potatoes were fairly ordinary, but the green beans, carrots and pepper were perfect.
For desert we had tastings of the crème brulee and chocolate mousse. Both were outstanding and the perfect topper to a very good meal.
Martine's does a great job throughout. They offer great service, great food, a great ambiance.. We will be back again.

• Visited February 2013