“Client appreciation?”

Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Ontario
“Client appreciation?”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I dined there with some visitors and our experience was pretty positive. The service was professional. My companions enjoyed their meal, and while the food I had was fairly good (shrimp appetizer wasn't local fare), I felt a little short-changed by the options because I don't eat meat or fish. I emailed the restaurant to suggest that they could accommodate vegetarians a little better & they haven't bothered to respond at all.

Maybe it's unfair to rate them for this, but being ignored has kind of ruined this restaurant for me.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank JennyOntario

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favourite Restaurant In Comox”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I've been going to Martines a few times a year, and I'm impressed over and over again. Every time I go I have the chicken curry, and it's absolutely delicious. The staff is friendly and make you feel at home, the service is excellent. The one time we had a mediocre experience was when they were understaffed, and when our food came rather late the owner himself came out and apologized. Other then that, I couldn't say enough good things about this restaurant, you'll love it. It's perfect!

Comox, Canada
“Another great meal”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Returned to Martine's last week and had another great experience, everything was fantastic! If they keep up what they are doing this will become my favourite place to dine in the valley...

Visited January 2013
1 Thank KayComox
Comox, British Columbia, Canada
“Awful service and food”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Ordered dinner at 6pm and didn't receive meal until 7:40. Had two young kids and elderly parents with diabetes, needless to say very stressful. When food arrived the tenderloin I ordered didn't seem to be that cut and was covered in Rosemary, mashed potatoes were DEFINITELY reheated. I couldn't even eat them. The 3 veggies I got we're overlooked and soggy. Husbands scallop potatoes had sage in them, which made them inedible. The quinoa salad tasted mainly of vinegar. I have been a few times and always had a bad experience but keep getting talked into returning by visitors as it is an awesome setting, I will never return after this experience. This was our moms 92 birthday, we didn't even stay for the cake, ruined our evening.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Natasha B
Comox
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Friendly service, great wine, the Ahi Tuna was delicious and warmed plates was a nice touch. It was a littlt cold in the building, but a cozy atmosphere. The Creme Brulee we shared was the best we have had in years. We will be back!

Visited January 2013