“Really Great!”
Review of Blackfin Pub

Blackfin Pub
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Comox
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Blackfin Pub is located over looking Comox Marina. Great place to meet your friends for lunch, dinner or drinks. Sunset, Seafood, Spectacular! * The Blackfin is a licensed pub where minors are prohibited by law.
Madrid, Spain
“Really Great!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This particular pub is the real deal!

I was born and raised in the Comox vally and this pub is THE favorite! Fantastic water view of the dike, the food is great, relaxed and informal atmosphere, the servers are friendly, portions are generous, what more can I say? ;)

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank SweetDiAngel

Sidney, Canada
“What a Pub should be!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Comfortable booth seating, attentive fast service, copious and delicious burgers and fish. Good choice of beer. Great dinner experience.
Nothing at all to fault. very fair prices. Wish there were more restaurants like you!
Will be back when in town.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank louise B
Courtenay, Canada
“Wonderful location, food, decor and service.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I had seen photos of some of the food and their signature Raspberry Martini taken by Tanja Kerr and decided to go there for my 72nd birthday.
What a delightful 2 hours we spent there. Everyone who came to our table was pleasant and helpful and really seemed to enjoy working there.

The presentation of all the dishes was very attractive.

We shared the calamari appetizer - done perfectly - pale gold and tender.

Jeff had the French Onion Soup and it was delicious. His entree was the Chicken Pinwheels Pasta and it was wonderful. For dessert he had the creme brulee and it too was delicious and a perfect texture.

I had the steak salad and it was excellent .. the rare steak was done to perfection and it is served pre-sliced into strips which makes for easier eating - the dressing was 'just right' and the goat cheese sinfully delicious - the steak salad tasted even better than it looked in the picture and it looked wonderful!

For dessert I had the Angel Apple Spice cake - succeeds like excess - the cake was huge - it's definitely sharing sized.

Something else I realized after we got home, the food was not heavily salted.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Lani H
Malahat, bc
“Dinner”
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Very good dinner. I had the Banana Mango Cod dinner which was very tasty. My hubby had the Beef Tenderloin Duets which came with bacon around each tenderloin piece, it melted in your mouth. The only thing I would caution couples looking for romance and quiet this isn't the place. It was very packed and loud. However, if you are looking for a great dinner and a nice view of the warf, this is it. Enjoy!

Comox, Canada
“best meal ever”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I decided to go here for first time for the Dine Around the valley. I would call this a fine restaurant not a pub. Living here I knew the view but the cuisine surprised me. I had a prawn stack followed by a cajun style sockeye salmon then capuccino mud pie. Service and presentation were fantastic and the meal was heavenly.

• Visited February 2013