“Gluten free”

Ranked #2 of 39 Restaurants in Comox
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a modern West Coast Italian restaurant featuring our local farms, wineries and fisherman. Our fresh pasta is made in house daily and all our food is done from scratch.
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have celiac disease and always appreciate establishments who include gluten-free pasta options and sauces that haven't been thickened with wheat flour. The creamed soup was delicious as was the creamed salmon and pasta. te wait staff was friendly and efficint. The restaraunt was busy even after the lunch rush, which is a good sign to me.

1  Thank M M

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We wouldn't normally go out for pasta, which is so easy to make ourselves, but Toscanos is incredible! I love anything in their sage and brown butter sauce. Also, the fried mixed seafood appy is delicious - very light tasting despite being fried. The restaurant itself is quaint and charming, and proximity to a nice after supper walk around the. Harbour makes this a favourite place to dine. In Comox.

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We found this little place by accident and it was great! The food and staff were excellent! It was busy but the food arrived in a timely manner. I would definitely recommend and return the next time I am in the area!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I live here but had never gone to this restaurant so decided it was time. I did not want pasta and checked the online menu. So I had the garlic bread, the lamb burger with feta on it and the soup side. It comes with soup, salad or fries. The soup was a salmon chowder with sizable chunks of salmon. Server was very charming, food was excellent. The lamb burger was artfully prepared with one side sitting on bun and other bun to the side. I was glad I went and will go back

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We've lived in the Comox Valley for 15 years and we finally made it to Toscanos. We should have visited much earlier! We were there on a Monday, a little after 5:00 pm. There were already people seated, but it was not overflowing. Still, it was busier than we expected for a Monday. This is a relatively small restaurant, and even with other tables full, it was still quite quiet. DH and I were able to take a window seat facing the marina.

Both of us chose pasta. I had the Fettucine con curry. DH had a linguine with shrimp and scallops. Mine was totally a 10 out of 10. The curry was delicious and it was so tasty having the variety of chicken, shrimp and vegetables. The curry was not hot at all, so the dish could easily be an option for those patrons who do not like very hot food. There was plenty of sauce leftover to dip into with the garlic toast that accompanied the pasta. DH rates his meal a 9 out of 10. There was lots of shrimp and scallops and some very large prawns.

Our meal came to a total of $53, with the two pastas, a glass of wine and a martini. Service was very fast. We did not wait long for our meals at all. Freshly grated parmesan was offered. We will have to go back to try out all of the other pasta dishes.