“Outstanding Service”

Twisted Dishes Cafe
Ranked #5 of 39 Restaurants in Comox
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: A fresh and local approach on cuisine using mostly island grown products when in season. Cool Jazzy relaxed environment with a wide selection of menu choices without being overwhelming. Enjoy many Gluten free options. Take in the great music and fantastic service, Cin cin!. Team Twisted
Reviewed July 5, 2014

When we stopped by all tables were full! While we walked down the block to contemplate our next choice for lunch; the server came after us and announced they just had a table open up and if we came back they would be happy to serve us. Best decision we could have made; as lunch was modestly priced and the quality and local ingredients made for an amazingly fresh and tasty meal. Great spot! Everyone should go!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

I ordered Macha latte and Veggie O Mighty sandwich today. So healthy and delicious. Friendly and very helpful service. Clean restaurant!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Twisted Dishes is one of those small cafes that you read about but never seem to find. This place has awesome service, friendly staff, great food and drinks. I especially enjoyed sitting outside watching the goings on at the marina while enjoying my morning coffee.

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Awesome clubhouse sandwich stayed nice and warm all through the meal. The bun was warm and made right there, nice big slice of ripe red beefeater tomato, warm fresh cooked chicken breast and great big rasher of bacon with a tasty lemony mayo & a banana pepper tucked in for a blast of flavour. I had an amazing Greek salad on the side- the Kalamata olives were pitted, the cukes were peeled and it was so refreshing. It was a large portion which didn't leave room for one of their really interesting cinnamon buns. This place is easy to find. It is busy but they are quick in
there, the service is delightful light and bright decor, clean and I am making it the place to go when I visit the Comox Valley.

Devin S, Owner at Twisted Dishes Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Thank you very much! We try our hardest to deliver the freshest food we can. Our hopes to seeing you again. Cheers.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

The restaurant is in a nice location near the marina. Nice simple decor. Good vibe and good staff. We ordered a BLT, Kale salad with miso dressing.Mushroom roasted sage soup. Tomato, pesto, boccocini pizza.
The mushroom soup was outstanding, not heavily relying on cream, the soup was full of blended mushrooms, and herbs, not sure what all mushrooms were used but thought I could taste some morales. The soup came with a very nice piece of toasted raisin walnut bread.
The BLT was ok at best. The bread was very good a artisan style loaf, like a less chewy ciabbata, but it could have used a little bit of toasting or frying on the inside to give some texture. The veg were very fresh and flavorful, the aioli was nice but sparse. The bacon was nice semi think, and had a nice flavor but the small amount was very easily lost in the rest of the sandwich.
The kale salad its self was fresh but the miso dressing was almost unbearably salty, need something sweet to balance or just tone down the salt. ( I do realize something like saltiness is a bit subjective)
The pizza again was only ok. The crust was alright and very thin, which I prefer on a lunch pizza, the ingredients were good but once again the sum off the ingredients lead to a very salty pizza, could have used a pit more tomato to even things out.

Overall I might try this place again, but nothings pulling me back or wanting me to send friends here.

1  Thank uncledillers

Thank you for your interest in us! We hope to see you again soon. We try our hardest on delivering the best freshest food we can. Try us again! Have a great day.