“disappointing”

Avenue Bistro
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Comox
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Casual upscale dining experience only 3-minutes from the Marina or an 8-minute drive from the airport. House-made creations, artisan cheeses, locally sourced gluten-free bread, and oceanwise seafood selections showcasing the bounty of Vancouver Island. Everything prepared daily using the freshest, natural ingredients. Seasonal Patio. Seafood, vegetarian and gluten-free choices available. Great lounge area to enjoy wine, beer and spirits. Popular Kids Menu
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is one of those places that I really want to like, I mean when I read the menu the food sounds fantastic but then when you get the meal it's always disappointing. There always seems to be some ingredient on the plate that is way out of balance with the rest of the meal. On top of that the staff always seems to be trying to rush you out the door which can really ruin the whole dining experience.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is one of the classier restaurants in Comox. OK, we had a gift card so we thought we would try it. We were not disappointed. The atmosphere was very relaxed and the staff friendly. The food was of good quality and tasted excellent. If your in Comox this is a great place to eat.

1  Thank Raroboy
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

After hearing good reviews, we strayed from our regular dinner place and decided to try Avenue. The atmosphere was decent, but it went downhill the moment we sat down. First, the waitress seemed to forget we were even there. It took us half an hour to get drinks and then when we finally got our orders taken it took another half an hour to get cold, tasteless food. I ordered the seafood chowder, but that was definitely not what I was served. Whatever it was, it tasted like it belonged in the garbage. When I mentioned it to the waitress she rolled her eyes, and mumbled an apology. Needless to say, we didn't leave a tip and we won't be going back.

1  Thank SwagDaddy
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is my go-to restaurant in the Comox Valley. The food is always terrific and the drink selection is great. Favourites are the pizzas (the Margherita is better than any I had on a recent trip to Italy), the Avenue mixed greens and the Avenue Cosmos.... but haven't been disappointed with anything we've tried. The Avenue is one of the nicer restaurants for its ambience, which is lacking in so many Valley restaurants. The prices are reasonable and the staff have never been anything but attentive and friendly.

1  Thank clkluvs2travel
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The menu is terrific, I especially love their Mediterrean Salad. The staff are very attentive and have a great knowledge of food and drink pairings. Just remember they are closed on Mondays :(.

1  Thank Fussells