Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Incredible trip with Bree and amazing staff overall at North Island Kayak

Had an amazing three-day orca trip guided by Bree! Bree was an amazing guide on all fronts -- she... read more

Reviewed September 28, 2020
ElizabethVancouverBC
Vancouver, Canada
Multi-day Ocean Kayak Tour

I went on a multi-day ocean kayaking trip last week, organised by North Island Kayak. It was a... read more

Reviewed September 24, 2020
Perpinder

Recommended experiences in and around Vancouver Island
from $177.66
from $119.84
from $116.30
from $76.87
More Info
All reviews kayak tour day trip base camps sea lions johnstone strait guide josh sleeping bags dry bags sea cucumbers great cook amazing food water shoes kayaking experience camping trip amazing days jumping salmon top notch
Selected filters
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I did with my boyfriend the Three Day Orca Safari from 7-9 september 2012. It was my best holiday experience ever! We were with 4 people and our guide Stephanie. Steph knows incredibly much about the wildlife so that is very nice! The first day we saw already many dolphins and a group of orca's. The other days we saw the orca's from our beach. It was awesome when they went by at sunset. We also saw sealions and porpoises. It is really nice to sleep in the tent on the beach. It gives the really outdoorfeeling. Back to basic. We were also very lucky with the weather! This trip was amazing!

Date of experience: September 2012
4  Thank ElizaVH
Reviewed September 3, 2012

day trip was the highlight of our holiday on vancouver island. our guide, scott, was excellent. spent time looking at starfish, watching salmon jump and enjoying the scenery. we were incredibly lucky to have orca swim under our kayak, what an amazing experience.

Date of experience: August 2012
2  Thank kathyc24422
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Its hard to know if you have made the right decision about which is the best kayaking company in Telegraph Cove, well there is no need to worry any more, North Island Kayak is the best and will not disappoint you.
We have just returned from an amazing 3 day trip, our guide Joel was not only passionate about the area in which he worked, the wildlife that we encountered but he was also a great cook, so we dined like kings for 3 days.
We had the most amzing orca experiences, including 6 orca swimming uder our kayaks, it doesnt get much better than this.
North Island make the trip easy for you, you just need to turn up and paddle, the rest in done for you.
Thanks Joel, it was our pleasure to paddle with you. I can't recommend this trip enough.

Date of experience: August 2012
2  Thank bethoSydney
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Thank you Joshua! This was an incredible day of sightseeing on the water, one of the absolute hightlights of my holiday. We were able to get so close to the Porpoise and young. It was quite magical seeing them from a peaceful kayak - just like being at one with nature....
Salmon were jumping everywhere - one literally almost into my arms, the trip could only have been better if I'd allowed more time to be there.
Joshua was a brilliant guide and showed us all around the cove, my only advise to improve on what I did would be to take a longer adventure.
I will be back for sure!

Date of experience: July 2012
1  Thank GForceTauranga
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I have gone out on guided tours with North Island Kayak twice this summer, and have greatly enjoyed both of the trips. Both trips were the two hour tour. Although you don't have time to go very far there is still quite a bit to see. The scenery is beautiful, and depending on the day you should see some type of marine life! Between the two trips I have seen Dall's porpoises, seals, eagles, and jumping fish, as well as all sorts of marine invertebrates in the islets at a lower tide: sea anemones, sea cucumbers, sea stars, sea urchins, chitons, and more. Julian was my guide for both trips, and was very good at instructing first time sea kayakers. He knew a lot about the fauna and flora of the region, and had many fun facts and jokes! Amanda, in the office, was also very friendly and helpful in booking the trips. I would highly recommend getting out on the water with North Island Kayaks. I hope to sometime go out with them for a longer trip!

Date of experience: July 2012